The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Alexander Edler to hit the free agency market

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Rumour] Alexander Edler to hit the free agency market
Just now, VegasCanuck said:

I think he will take meetings with other teams and see if anyone is willing to give him a full NMC with the expansion coming up. 

If no one will, he probably still signs here.

I'm pretty sure his agent just wants to talk to other teams to pump an extra year/few hundred $k/clause etc out of the Canucks.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

good bye ol' friend ! 

the new era begins for canucks now, think eddie is the last 2011 player left.

Tanev?

As for Edler, he will sign a deal with us in early July, likely July first.  It will be what JB has been offering all along.  Elder wants to play here, and stay close to his family.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Tom Sestito said:

How unsurprising. This was predictable after Jimbo didn't complete a deal by the deadline. All leverage was gone, and Edler knew he could demand the world. We gave NMC's until Eriksson and Beagle were 37 and 38. Makes sense that he would expect the same. 

Best of luck wherever you go, Edler. 

Now we will give a NMC albatross contract to a #5 defenseman in Tyler Myers! 

You just love taking slags at Benning, don't you?

2 minutes ago, Tom Sestito said:

How unsurprising. This was predictable after Jimbo didn't complete a deal by the deadline. All leverage was gone, and Edler knew he could demand the world. We gave NMC's until Eriksson and Beagle were 37 and 38. Makes sense that he would expect the same. 

Best of luck wherever you go, Edler. 

Now we will give a NMC albatross contract to a #5 defenseman in Tyler Myers! 

I wonder if JB is more interested in Gardiner as an Eddy replacement?  Maybe we sign both Gardiner and Meyers?