The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canadiens will not qualify Hunter Shinkaruk, set to become a UFA on July 1st

7 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, if we sign him for Utica, does that mean fans will finally admit that we won that trade with Calgary??? :)

the only problem is that shinkaruk is barely an echl level player at this stage, let alone ahl. 

1 minute ago, tas said:

the only problem is that shinkaruk is barely an echl level player at this stage, let alone ahl. 

His AHL performance, is not what it once was. This kid looked pretty good when we drafted him, sucks that he didn't develop.

22 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

His AHL performance, is not what it once was. This kid looked pretty good when we drafted him, sucks that he didn't develop.

I'm pretty sure he had suffered a major injury (shoulder?) that likely derailed his development.

1 hour ago, Stamkos said:

Remember when we thought Shinkaruk - Gaunce - Grabner was going to be a top line?

Grabner actually put up 30+ goals in the NHL in two seasons.  20 or more goals in three other seasons.  For a 14th overall pick, he turned out as well as can be expected.  Good thing Gillis traded him for Keith Ballard.:P

I remember being so hyped about this pick. I was like "yee we got the Calgary boy flems fans wanted" then fast forward to when we traded him for Granlund i remember cowgary fans saying they got a steal and Granny wouldn't stick in the nhl lol.

2 hours ago, Stamkos said:

Remember when we thought Shinkaruk - Gaunce - Grabner was going to be a top line?

2 hours ago, ItsMillerTime said:

Grabner wasn't even a canuck when Gaunce or Shinkaruk was drafted.

Kawhi Leonard Kawhi Laugh GIF - KawhiLeonard KawhiLaugh Laughing GIFs

3 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, if we sign him for Utica, does that mean fans will finally admit that we won that trade with Calgary??? :)

Nope, they'll complain that we couldn't get a pick for Shinkaruk.

Archived