The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

( RUMOR) Canucks Trying to move up

59 minutes ago, WishX said:

pettersson for nj first overall

boesser for nyr 2nd overall

and tanev + virtanen for chicago or colorado 3rd or 4th pick

and then history is made with vancouver first ever first overall and new generation of brothers.

Grasshopper....Grasshopper....a brother in hand is worth two in the draft.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

It would be Benning's crowning moment. Making a trade to get from 10 to 5 or 6, then getting up on stage in front of the hometown crowd and drafting hometown boy and Vancouver Giant Bowen Bryam. 

staaaaaaaaaaap

I see it now...  

Hughes and Kakko go first....  Chicago then takes Turcotte.  Avs surprise everyone by taking Zegras, and now the LA Kings are on the board.  

Gary Bettman walks down to the stage: "You might want to hear this one.  Vancouver trades the 10th overall pick, 2020 2nd round pick and Ben Hutton to Detroit for the 6th overall pick."  

As the crowd murmurs, Gary glances over pointing at Rob Blake with his notes in his hand.  They both do a little nod, and Gary moves back to the podium "We have another trade to announce!  Your Vancouver Canucks have traded the 6th overall pick, Nikolai Goldobin and 2019 3rd round pick for the 5th overall pick."  

We get Bowen Byrum, Kings take their guy and Detroit still ends up getting Podkolzin at 10th overall. 

21 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I see it now...  

Hughes and Kakko go first....  Chicago then takes Turcotte.  Avs surprise everyone by taking Zegras, and now the LA Kings are on the board.  

Gary Bettman walks down to the stage: "You might want to hear this one.  Vancouver trades the 10th overall pick, 2020 2nd round pick and Ben Hutton to Detroit for the 6th overall pick."  

As the crowd murmurs, Gary glances over pointing at Rob Blake with his notes in his hand.  They both do a little nod, and Gary moves back to the podium "We have another trade to announce!  Your Vancouver Canucks have traded the 6th overall pick, Nikolai Goldobin and 2019 3rd round pick for the 5th overall pick."  

We get Bowen Byrum, Kings take their guy and Detroit still ends up getting Podkolzin at 10th overall. 

You may want to hear this, the Canucks trade Ballard, Mason Raymond and a 2021 7th rounder to Detroit for the #5 pick........

• Haha 3

I hope the target is Byram, and if JB pulls it off without us losing one of our young core guys, I am all for it.

Byram, Hughes, Juolevi and  Woo would be a pretty sick future d core.  And don't forget Tryamkin...

I'd think Colorado or LA would be the teams we'd need to make a deal with.  If it is Detroit, they could just be a stepping stone - easier to convince LA or Colorado to drop to 6 than to drop all the way to 10.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

DET

Demko

Sutter

VAN

6OA19

_________

NJD

6OA19

10OA19

VAN

1OA19

Shero:  “You’ve won the lottery. Who goes out and sells their lottery ticket after they’ve won it?” 

For NJD both Hughes and Kakko are franchise changing players.

Trade all our picks this year for #1. Honestly its worth a shot, if you're going to pull that kind of deal, this would be it since the draft is here. What better way to shock the hockey world and create a buzz here with such a incredibly bold move. I really would not want to move ANY of the picks for the 2020 draft which is shaping up to be the best in the last few years

24 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

Trade all our picks this year for #1. Honestly its worth a shot, if you're going to pull that kind of deal, this would be it since the draft is here. What better way to shock the hockey world and create a buzz here with such a incredibly bold move. I really would not want to move ANY of the picks for the 2020 draft which is shaping up to be the best in the last few years

NJ says no 100% guaranteed.  It would take a lot more. 

10 hours ago, KeslerWho? said:

I'd hope if Byram is there at 5, we try and trade with LA rather than Stevie Y. Feel like Stevie will fleece us hahah

Two things he’s going to miss in TB, first his scouting staff (the best in the business) and secondly the no state tax/top team discount when it comes to signing players.   

3 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Wasnt there alot of trade rumour on last years draft as well ?

There is every year. And this year the good ole tsn/sn guys are all saying they haven't seen this much trade chatter between GMs ever.

And still the night before the draft and no trades.

Same s&%$ every year lol.

4 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

There is every year. And this year the good ole tsn/sn guys are all saying they haven't seen this much trade chatter between GMs ever.

The proof is always during the draft though.  I don't expect any big splashes tonight......two reasons:  respect for the NBA draft and to make the NHL draft day a bigger event.  The trades (if they transpire) will be mainly announced tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I wonder if Canucks have actually completed a few trades and are waiting for the draft for them to be announced in front of their home crowd?