The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks aggressively pursuing Tyson Barrie

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

OK so who's that on our team that we can part with? Jake has top 6 potential but he's not near enough. I wouldn't want to give up Jake + our 10th. Maybe if Jim can land another pick in the 20-30 range + Jake that might get it done. 

Exactly. I figure best we could or should offer is a second, Tanev, Jake. I'm positive the Avs will get better offers than that. 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

well Rick did break the news this morning of the 2 year Edler deal.... and the 3 year.... and the 4 year.... but still, 1/3's a good batting average, no?

Hahahahaha. Supposedly I'm being too harsh on the guy. Poor Dhaliwal....

20 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Dhaliwal...….not the source he once was.

Exactly this.

I think we need to look no further than the Edler outcome to fully realize that all these pundits are simply chucking darts at a wall hoping that something sticks and they get some exposure. 

It's quite embarrassingly shameful imo how this time of year brings out the click-baiters like no other time other than perhaps tdl. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Hahahahaha. Supposedly I'm being too harsh on the guy. Poor Dhaliwal....

Rick OK, he's been going a little squirrelly lately but he's far from the worst twit troll out there. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

Rick OK, he's been going a little squirrelly lately but he's far from the worst twit troll out there. 

Not at all. I save that distinction for clowns like JD Burke and Grady's Ass...I mean Grady Sas.

Rick started out so well though. He was solid and non-speculative. He gave the facts and not much else. It was refreshing. Not sure why he's moved to more of a speculative approach recently.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

OK so who's that on our team that we can part with? Jake has top 6 potential but he's not near enough. I wouldn't want to give up Jake + our 10th. Maybe if Jim can land another pick in the 20-30 range + Jake that might get it done. 

They're looking for immediate help in their top 6. To me the only guys we can part with on the wing which would qualify (barely) as top 6 forwards would be Baertschi and Pearson. Baertschi would be a legitimate top 6 guy if not for his concussion history. Pearson we just traded for and they like what they saw with him and Horvat. So I'm not seeing much of a fit in a trade. All signs are indicating that the Avs are in win now mode, they don't care much for futures.

This one I'm definitely intrigued by, as I have no idea what kind of deal we can pitch them that makes sense for both teams. I'd love to know what JB is offering.

• Cheers 1

1. Dhaliwal has been by far the most infomative source on Canucks news the past few month. Must be the new whipping boy.

2. Would be a perfect fit here. Obviously would want a extension with the trade, but a perfect dynamic fit. Y'all are never happy, if you're complaining about JB going after Barrie, nothing will please you.

• Upvote 3

He's going to be way too expensive.

Why would we do this?  Colorado is not about to just give him away.

Same with ristolainen....why?

The prices for both or either would be insane for us to pay

Gostisbehere is comparable to a Barrie in size and point production and would be way cheaper.

Colin Miller would be a decent pick up, and way cheaper

It's just like the rumours of moving up.  Absolutely stupid to consider with where we are right now in terms of assets.  we need this draft plus a season before we know what we have and start making moves or deals like this.

IMO this team shouldn't be jumping in to the pricey trade pool at this time of year until just before or just after the Seattle expansion draft

Edited by Warhippy
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

It does make some sense if Colorado is confident in getting Byram.  Canucks have been connected to wanting him for at least a couple years now.  Barrie has a year left after which he is likely going to be paid big.  Would be another small guy along with Stecher and Hughes, but that's the way things seem to be going.  Big question of course -- what's the cost?  Maybe Stecher has to go back, along with a high pick and a good forward, or maybe he's told them he intends to go UFA and we can eke out a Trouba-like trade.

Sakic has stated that if they do move Barrie it’s going to be a hockey trade. They don’t likely want picks since they already have 5 in the top 90 this year. 

Avs biggest need is a #2 center. Assuming they take byram.and not turcotte or dach. It’s the position they will be looking to fill. Which means we’re out of that race unless we’re willing to part with a core player. 

They have makar, timmins meloche in there system for upcoming d which make sense to why they are looking at their options right now.  And as Friedman stated a few nights ago. Av have to be considering the number he will be looking for. If karlsson gets 92 million over 8 years. Then barrie (a right shot puck moving D who puts up 55-60 points) is not going to be cheap either. Likely looking in the 8.5-9 range long term. 

Ive said it before but oilers make the most sense. Barrie for RNH. Which fills both teams needs. 

Edited by ForsbergTheGreat
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I'd love Barrie; he wouldn't come without a steep cost though. I imagine he's probably in the $7.5-$8.5M range for a long-term deal.

7.5, sign me up. Myers is probably gonna get 7 long term, which makes me puke.

1 minute ago, Vanuckles said:

They're looking for immediate help in their top 6. To me the only guys we can part with on the wing which would qualify (barely) as top 6 forwards would be Baertschi and Pearson. Baertschi would be a legitimate top 6 guy if not for his concussion history. Pearson we just traded for and they like what they saw with him and Horvat. So I'm not seeing much of a fit in a trade. All signs are indicating that the Avs are in win now mode, they don't care much for futures.

This one I'm definitely intrigued by, as I have no idea what kind of deal we can pitch them that makes sense for both teams. I'd love to know what JB is offering.

Sakic talks of how the Avalanche are still rebuilding.  They want the team to take the next step but are not quite in full win now mode.  They have too many players that still need to grow - their defence is going to be Timmins, Makar and Girard.  Timmins hasn't even played a NHL game yet and Makar just signed.

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Not at all. I save that distinction for clowns like JD Burke and Grady's Ass...I mean Grady Sas.

Rick started out so well though. He was solid and non-speculative. He gave the facts and not much else. It was refreshing. Not sure why he's moved to more of a speculative approach recently.

dunno... it could be he's literally feeding us everything he's getting from his Canucks contacts. It really sounds like Benning is trying everything and anything he can. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Sakic has stated that if they do move Barrie it’s going to be a hockey trade. They don’t likely want picks since they already have 5 in the top 90 this year. 

Avs biggest need is a #2 center. Assuming they take byram.and not turcotte or dach. It’s the position they will be looking to fill. Which means we’re out of that race unless we’re willing to part with a core player. 

They have makar, timmins meloche in there system for upcoming d which make sense to why they are looking at their options right now.  And as Friedman stated a few nights ago. Av have to be considering the number he will be looking for. If karlsson gets 92 million over 8 years. Then barrie (a right shot puck moving D who puts up 55-60 points) is not going to be cheap either. Likely looking in the 8.5-9 range long term. 

Ive said it before but oilers make the most sense. Barrie for RNH. Which fills both teams needs. 

Will Barrie want to extend in Edmonton and do they have the cap space.  

Holland talks of how they only have 3 top-6 Fs - RNH, Draisaitl and McDavid.  He says either RNH or Draisaitl will play C2 and the other will be on wing.  They are apparently looking to move a D to create room for Ds coming up through their system.