The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Peter Chiarelli could join the Canucks

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

After all the bad moves that guy made in Edmonton, is that the worst?  Or is that trade to get Griffin Reinhardt?  Or how about that goalie extension?  The list is long for this guy.  It would be really stupid to hire that guy.

Griffin Reinhart trade definitely the worst for me. The other Chia moves, if I squinted and looked sideways at the valuations, I could almost see the reasoning behind them, but the Reinhart one just was shocking. Like within seconds of it happening, I could see it was a legendary bad move.  Boggles the mind how anyone possibly makes that trade.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Depending on the role I'd be okay with it. Obviously he would not have the final say in trades.

Him and Jim built something pretty special in Boston though. Maybe it's one of those things where they work better as a team than they do apart.

Or maybe Jim was trying to constantly stop him from doing stupid things?

Edited by 18W-40C-6W
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Milbury and Chiarelli are worst 2 GM'S just awful trades wrecking there teams..No No do not sign..

Reinhart -- for 1st and 2nd rounder..

Taylor Hall Trade? Talented young star for a #3 D man even..-- Taylor Hall trade should of brought them 3-4 players back..Stop there..

Last one he signs goalie 35 games in NHL to a 4.5 million Dollar deal for 3 yrs.....

Gillis is right up there with those 2 idiots.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Griffin Reinhart trade definitely the worst for me. The other Chia moves, if I squinted and looked sideways at the valuations, I could almost see the reasoning behind them, but the Reinhart one just was shocking. Like within seconds of it happening, I could see it was a legendary bad move.  Boggles the mind how anyone possibly makes that trade.

Considering that they could have used the pick they sent to the Isles to draft Barzal, yowza.

That being said, it is EDM. Chances are even if they had drafted Barzal they would have just ruined him anyway.

23 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Considering that they could have used the pick they sent to the Isles to draft Barzal, yowza.

That being said, it is EDM. Chances are even if they had drafted Barzal they would have just ruined him anyway.

I hear the Barzal family secretly paid Chia millions to not f*#k up their son..