The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

F*%!ing C*!@ks*@ker Oilers take Broberg!!!... this was the guy the Canucks needed.

He will go to the Oilers and be wasted... they will F*ck up his development and p*ss him down the toilet.

F*CK!!!!

Well at least the Canucks took a forward with size.... and a mean streak if the reports are to be believed....  Podkolzin should be 210-215 by the time he gets to the NHL... he is only 17 now and weighs 196.  Apparently has some speed too.

The fact we did not get Broberg means Tryamkin is even more of a priority for Benning to sign.  

GET IT DONE BENNING!!!

Sheesh.. didn’t realize Podzi was 17..  this is better yet!  Possibly another 1” or 2.

• Upvote 1

Podkolzin's average ranking from 15 different sources was 8.8.

Throw out a few of the weaker/worse sources, coincidentally that ones that had him in the range of 17/18 (don't want to name names lol, but a few of those sources are consistently not worth regarding).

Throw out those 3 sources, and the remaining 12 had him at an average 6.58.

Thought he'd go at 7.

Might have been hard for those guys to bite on any offers to trade down.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Chip Kelly said:

He has? So this is maybe a move to help that happen by appearing more Russian friendly?

It certainly won't hurt. This more of taking the best player who luckily dropped for us due to a contract. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Luckily they're not in our division anymore.

I actually don't mind the Avs at all. Always had a soft spot for them.

Tough call for me. Still shudder when I hear the name Hejduk. Canuck killer he was. 

7 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

I have nothing against the kid or style of player. Or actually even that he is a Russian.

Just don't think he is a good fit in Vancouver.

I don't really trust the Canucks as an organization to manage his transfer to North America properly when he does come over.

We have seen it with Tryamkin.

OMG good thing we have 2 years to figure it out this kid's ghonna be awesome whoot whoot

Canucks will be able to start making the kinds of trades we see teams making to acquire extra picks in 2 seasons or so.

We can all agree we're seriously starting to acquire decent organizational depth and that 2005-2014 was gods awful for picks

Hoping for home runs tomorrow

• Like 2