The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

2 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

So if we gonna be a playoff team will Benning trade Pod for a rental hmmmm. :emot-parrot:

Involved in a Package for Hall??

I don't really like Hall to be honest but that's the only kind of player I could see that happening for this year. 

10 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Pod was better today than yesterday.  I think he is having trouble playing with junior level players. He may need to play with AHL and NHL caliber players before he starts to shine.

People said the same thing about Juolevi. 

Podkolzin's style of play if just very individualistic. He's at his best in 1 on 1 situations.

2 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

People said the same thing about Juolevi. 

Podkolzin's style of play if just very individualistic. He's at his best in 1 on 1 situations.

Similar to Virtanen.... I see Podkolzin as a high caliber 2nd or 3rd line winger who can drive the net like a bull. Its a rare skill to have. It fills a void on our team and is one less roster spot we need to worry about once he is ready. We will have a strong team for the next 10 years 

5 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Similar to Virtanen.... I see Podkolzin as a high caliber 2nd or 3rd line winger who can drive the net like a bull. Its a rare skill to have. It fills a void on our team and is one less roster spot we need to worry about once he is ready. We will have a strong team for the next 10 years 

Watching his game you forget how young this kid is. He moves up the ice well. He appears to be on the 3rd line but the Russians rotate thru their rosters pretty consistently. Their line loaded with CHL players really standout. 

Sorry but both Tryamkin and Podkolzin should be playing their hockey in the CHL, not Russia. Better for their NHL long term goals. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Watching his game you forget how young this kid is. He moves up the ice well. He appears to be on the 3rd line but the Russians rotate thru their rosters pretty consistently. Their line loaded with CHL players really standout. 

Sorry but both Tryamkin and Podkolzin should be playing their hockey in the CHL, not Russia. Better for their NHL long term goals. 

Isn't Tryamkin 24 or 25 years old?  He isn't eligible to play in the CHL. or are you talking about when he was younger? :)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

Isn't Tryamkin 24 or 25 years old?  He isn't eligible to play in the CHL. or are you talking about when he was younger? :)

I kinda screwed that up. My thought was I preferred both of them getting their hockey TOI in North America. I just feel more comfortable with coaching over here. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

I'm not really geeked about it to be honest. 

I agree with you guys, based on everything I kept hearing I expected him to dominate this tourney. Hoping to still see something in the next couple days, thinking that maybe its the jet lag... but with that hope its just making more excuses. 

Its easy to see a player with a very impressive toolbox, non stop motor, impressive hands. I'm just left questioning his hockey sense a bit, he tries to do way too much on his own and doesn't utilize his team mates enough. Besides a few really great flashes here and there I don't see him as an elite point producer in the NHL.

With all that being said he is still only 18 and I think there is still a ton of room for him to grow. His tenacity and relentless pursuit will be a great addition to the Canucks when he makes the jump to North America. I may not be hyped about his production but he is exactly the type of player you want on your team during the playoffs. 

4 hours ago, dpn1 said:

I am starting to worry a little about Podz production.  Even with his peers he isn't scoring.  Is it silly to be concerned?

I'm not super worried. I feel like regardless of weather or not hes on the score sheet he is a huge contributing factor in his teams success. Hes got so much time to put it all together. Even if he doesn't pan out as a 1st liner he can still become a bigger nastier more skilled Jannik Hansen and I'm ok with that.

Edited by hammertime
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I'm not super worried. I feel like regardless of weather or not hes on the score sheet he is a huge contributing factor in his teams success. Hes got so much time to put it all together. Even if he doesn't plan out as a 1st liner he can still become a bigger nastier more skilled Jannik Hansen and I'm ok with that.

Yup.  Podz reaches his ceiling and he's a top notch first line winger, who contributes to us winning.  Podz settles to his floor and he's a top notch third line winger, who contributes to us winning.  Either way, he's a guy who help us win, and replaces guys who are currently wingers for us that will be ageing out in a couple years.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, dpn1 said:

I am starting to worry a little about Podz production.  Even with his peers he isn't scoring.  Is it silly to be concerned?

He is very young for his draft year, playing very low minutes in the KHL. 2ppg average against his peers. If he was in the CHL he'd be a huge producer. It's all about context, there is literally nothing to worry about. Wait for the World Juniors

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  Podz reaches his ceiling and he's a top notch first line winger, who contributes to us winning.  Podz settles to his floor and he's a top notch third line winger, who contributes to us winning.  Either way, he's a guy who help us win, and replaces guys who are currently wingers for us that will be ageing out in a couple years.  

Exactly. Hes gonna be a stud whether he plays top 6 or hard matchups hes the type of player you want on the ice with the game on the line. You dont win in the playoffs with 12 Brocks and 6 Quinn Huggs. 

Bo Horvat also struggled to score his first few seasons as a pro now he is wearing a C. Players who play hard minutes take time to adapt to being a pro. And everything about Pod screams pro to me. 

• Like 1