The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

12 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

He so far is about the 6th best Russian forward.  Jet lag maybe. He has 6 games here to show his stuff. Slow start but let's see. 

And before you googly eye me take a breath. He hasn't looked great so far.  That's all.  

I don’t think he looked bad.  To me it looked like he was rolled out every fourth shift and the Russian coach leaned on the Russian kids from the Q the most coz of the travel / jet lag factor.  

he had a few nice shifts where higher calibre team mates would have racked up points for him. 

you can tell he’s a bull though.  Looking forward to the next games.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Darius said:

... the Russian coach leaned on the Russian kids from the Q the most coz of the travel / jet lag factor.  

Every time I go to Europe, I feel awful the first two days. Russians came to Canada just a day before the first game.

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Every time I go to Europe, I feel awful the first two days. Russians came to Canada just a day before the first game.

Family had the same experience with jet lag in the times we have travelled to Europe but only on the way there and not on the way back, not sure why that is.

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I love that he's looking for places to be physical. Its what Jake is missing many nights imo. 

Virtanen was also a beast physically at the junior level. A lot harder to do it against men, as I’m sure he’s figuring out.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Virtanen was also a beast physically at the junior level. A lot harder to do it against men, as I’m sure he’s figuring out.

So true.  Men, especially at the NHL level, move the puck super fast, so the hits aren't always there like in junior.  I would like to see Jake more physical while he has the puck though by forcing the opponent to take his body, just after he passes.  And be better, and harder along the walls in puck battles.  Basically I'd like Jake to be meaner.  That's not going out to hit guys either.  It's about when we have the puck, and in puck battles.  Use his size to make it hard for the opponents.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

fair enough. Just wish Jake would be a little more engaged that way. 

31 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Hopefully when he comes to Vancouver, he will request the Maki family for their blessing in using that number.  

Remove the stench from the last player to wear it for the Canucks.  

Podz has worn a bunch of numbers that I have seen watching video this year alone.

I think those are the ones I saw.

I think we should just honor jersey numbers and not retire them; I think Montreal does it this way.

Also, I don't think 99 should be permanently retired; again, just honored, but I guess we'll not see that rescinded.

If the NHL was going to retire 99, they should have also retired 4, 9, 66, 21, and so on.

Same with that "greatest leader of all time" bs and naming a trophy after that pos that took Maki's number.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1