The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

On 1/14/2021 at 11:36 PM, KyGuy123 said:

He is something special. Faster than I thought he was going to be and I don’t even think we’ve seen his hands yet. Fire hydrant. 

Love Piggy!

I love Piggy too, the player and the nickname. It might not be his first choice but it’s the kind of handle that could stick when his teammates hear it! Also like Pig.

• Cheers 1

Hogs set up of Pearson last night was a clear sign that the kid is going to be good.  Bank pass to himself, laid out and one hand pass to Pearson on the tape. Boy, that's not an everyday play for most guys.

Great to see. Is he capable of a point per game pace playing on Bo's line? Hard to say but  if so he could be a Calder candidate.  Wouldn't that be something...

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Hogs set up of Pearson last night was a clear sign that the kid is going to be good.  Bank pass to himself, laid out and one hand pass to Pearson on the tape. Boy, that's not an everyday play for most guys.

Great to see. Is he capable of a point per game pace playing on Bo's line? Hard to say but  if so he could be a Calder candidate.  Wouldn't that be something...

I don't think he'll be that good but still a quality player.

5 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Hoglander has shown alot of really good things

But the thing that impresses me most is his passing

He just seldom misses his target......always on the stick

and never too hard or too soft

Seems to be able to hog the puck too!~

Not bad for a rookie!

I agree, its uncanny how he gets those quick passes in tight. Do you think his shot will come in? He seems to really rip it albeit off target.  

This guy has really taken me by surprise.  I don't think he will be a Calder finalist but he will be a good top nine forward.  It almost feels like we had 2 first round picks with Podz & Hogz and Hogz  could be the better player. B)

39 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Another brilliant pick by Benning and Co that will be another reason why the man at the helm won’t be replaced anytime soon. Found a player in the second round that by the way he plays has changed the complexion of our team.  

Absolutely, loving everything about this kid's game. Elite hockey IQ/vision, instant reactions, awesome hands, and the easygoing layback attitude of a pit bull going after a bone.

And yes, JB's ability to provide a continuing series of players like Brock, Petey, Huggy and Hogs producing like stars while collecting ELC salaries ensures that the JB hating "realistic fans" will be fabricating pretexts to whine about him for years to come.

• Cheers 4