The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

J.T. Miller | #9 | C/W

tan

2 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

It's now Dec. 20th

Jt Miler hasn't scored a goal since Nov.26

Jt Miller hasn't even had an assist since Dec.5th

What a disaster signing him to an $8M x 8yr contract starting next year! 

https://www.espn.com/nhl/player/gamelog/_/id/2590852

I still say give him e the Kevin Hayes benching treatment for a game.

Miller is too content on playing the perimeter now and taking long distance Messier-ish snap shots to kill the cycle.

Did PA resign JT because he didn't want to lose him for nothing ore because he thought he was a key building piece? I am not even sure if Miller's NMC is already in effect or whether he can be moved prior to the new contract kicking in? 

i was against resigning Miller and hoped he would be traded at the TDL last spring. Maybe there wasn't a market that was good enough. His play this season has been somewhat indifferent. He has put up points but does not seem to be asserting the same leadership as last year. He is often far more demonstrative compared to Horvat whether good or bad. 

Miller simply does not fit the Canuck timeline. Having a vet presence has value but Miller doesn't have the same cred as a Schenn who has won 2 Cups. Schenn is a hell of a lot cheaper + no term. A question to ask is why did Miller resign in Van? Did he see a CUP contender during his new contract? Is he open to waiving to move to a contender? Does his attitude sour and he becomes a negative influence? 

Choice between Bo and JT I take Bo. He is experienced C with strong FO%. I suspect he would sign for Miller money. Younger with a tad better skating. Less mercurical personality. I suspect Bo's relationship with the Sedins will count for something.

Edited by Boudrias
  • Like 1

I wonder if trading Bo may be a good thing for Miller and might have to carry a bigger load, and run a line by himself. Maybe he'll become a true leader on the ice and in the locker-room. 

The decision of the "C" will be a hard one, I think if Schenn is there you give it to him, otherwise Petey and maybe Miller as a 3rd option (or ideally, we just rotate "A"s until Petey is ready).

Would be nice if Miller really lifts his game and becomes a top line center again if Bo goes but I worry that luck doesn't fall to the Canucks.

16 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I wonder if trading Bo may be a good thing for Miller and might have to carry a bigger load, and run a line by himself. Maybe he'll become a true leader on the ice and in the locker-room. 

The decision of the "C" will be a hard one, I think if Schenn is there you give it to him, otherwise Petey and maybe Miller as a 3rd option (or ideally, we just rotate "A"s until Petey is ready).

Would be nice if Miller really lifts his game and becomes a top line center again if Bo goes but I worry that luck doesn't fall to the Canucks.

I'm not 100% sold on Miller as captain anymore. I'd rather have three or four alternates until Petey is ready, as it now seems like he is better positioned to be a future captain. I do think Schenn is a great leader, but he's the kind of guy who is an unofficial captain/leader, like many locker rooms have. The media will want a star player instead of a 5/6 defenseman who is a great leader and official captaincies are more for media and fans than for the team I think.

18 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

What’s a true leader?

• Upvote 1

On 11/6/2022 at 1:02 PM, -AJ- said:

Unfortunately, future potential UFA and trade targets care. Trading Miller so shortly after signing him to an extension is not a good show of loyalty and could very well scare off future UFAs or players with Limited NTCs that might have an interest in Vancouver, hurting our chances at improving our team in those ways.

JR stated Only EP is untradeable

Who's to say when they agreed to the new contract that management mentioned that after signing this expensive contract we may have to move you if something comes our way because of the cap and other expensive signings to come (They never signed the new contract retroactive with no trade to guarantee and get lesser $)

6 hours ago, Gurn said:

I guess I missed that, do you have a link?

I have seen 'reporters'/'insiders' say that, but have seen no actual J.R. quotes.

No, I have seen probably no more than you have, where it was reported that JR has indicated everyone is tradable but EP

I see no reason or gain for him to publicly state that though either (other teams would be aware of that in discussions, and maybe where this came from)?

Even the great ones get traded if it makes sense though

Edited by Ballisticsports.
grammer
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Ballisticsports. said:

No, I have seen probably no more than you have, where it was reported that JR has indicated everyone is tradable but EP

I see no reason or gain for him to publicly state that though either (other teams would be aware of that in discussions, and maybe where this came from)?

Even the great ones get traded if it makes since though

Was that JR or Allvin who said only Petey was not open to trade?  

A goalie doesn't leave his net until the puck exits the D zone!!

Maybe the next time Miller gives the puck away with his stupid dangerous brain fart backhand passes that lead to a goal against,

The Goalie should scream and swear at JT 

The guy is a total #1 grade "A" dick

Holding the puck in the zone so you can yell "Get the f**k off!!!" at the goalie who kept you in the game with 36 saves and smack his net is a very stupid way to waste half the last minute of play.

Edited by Mackcanuck
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1