The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

J.T. Miller | #9 | C/W

tan

in addition to terrible risky passes, he's also losing puck battles and a bit lackadaisical coming out of his zone.

Tonight, he stayed on too long in OT and lost the puck battle along the boards.

Unforgivable was the first or second Columbus goal, where he was outmuscled in the middle of the ice along his own blueline, lost the puck, leading to a 2 on 1.and after extended zone time, the BJs scored.  Somehow, the 2 Johns missed that. I really wanted to see them acknowledge the true goat on that play.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, rizzuto&hatoum said:

Tonight, he stayed on too long in OT and lost the puck battle along the boards.

Ya, that showed very poor decision making which has been the case all season long.

He would have been better dumping the puck out and giving up posession and at least getting a full line change than trying to regain posession near the end of what was already a very long shift.

Ouch, another GWG against, and he gets 20 minutes. We probably can't scratch him but Bruce should grow a pair and take him off the special teams and OT - important times in the game. Drop his lazy ass to 3C and give him 12-15 minutes.

Re-signing him right now is looking like one of the biggest mistakes in franchise history.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Ouch, another GWG against, and he gets 20 minutes. We probably can't scratch him but Bruce should grow a pair and take him off the special teams and OT - important times in the game. Drop his lazy ass to 3C and give him 12-15 minutes.

Re-signing him right now is looking like one of the biggest mistakes in franchise history.

Bo actually played more minutes than he did, which as far as I know isn't normal. 20 minutes is actually on the lower end for Miller I think.

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Bo actually played more minutes than he did, which as far as I know isn't normal. 20 minutes is actually on the lower end for Miller I think.

To be fair to Bruce, Miller's minutes are going down. He'd usually be around 20-21 minutes a night, was 17 against Washington, 18 against CBJ and 20 against Minny (but those last 2 you could argue BB didn't want him out there for that long, and was OT).

He's still costing us though, I think this coming home-stand we'll basically see Miller as our 3rd line center but we need him off the ice on important situations - eg. late in the game, on the PK, defending a lead. Get Bo and Petey out there.

I'd trust Lazar and our 4th line out there defending a lead over Miller any day of the week.

I hold up significant hope that it might be as simple as a fitness issue….possibly caused by a natural letdown after signing a life changing contract.

I think its far more likely that JT will get back into form than this being how he is going to play for the next 7 years. If it IS a fitness issue, then JT strikes me as just too proud a player not to address it.

There….some positivity from me in regards to JT!

I guess JT is happy with his play.

Personally this made me very angry to read. Plain and simple, his play has stunk and he should be honest about it.

I am assuming that the Canucks do not have anyone capable of showing JY his game film because the proof is evident.

https://canucksarmy.com/news/j-t-miller-feels-really-good-about-what-hes-done-far-five-on-five-own-end-canucks-conversation-oct-21st

• There it is 1

From what I understand, since the start of training camp he's been away from his wife & 2 daughters (ages 4 & 3) and a son born a few days prior to training camp. (They remained in Pittsburg.)  Now that the first road trip is done they are all apparently joining him in Vancouver and are going to stay for most of the season.  He's a devoted family man and it must be mentally tough not being with your wife & kids for such an extended period, and especially missing the first 2 months of your newborn son's life.  Yes, I realize he's a professional athlete and this is part of the sacrifice to be made but players are not robots.  Watch for his play to improve once his family life stabilizes.

• There it is 1

18 minutes ago, GB5 said:

Personally this made me very angry to read. Plain and simple, his play has stunk and he should be honest about it.

I am assuming that the Canucks do not have anyone capable of showing JY his game film because the proof is evident.

https://canucksarmy.com/news/j-t-miller-feels-really-good-about-what-hes-done-far-five-on-five-own-end-canucks-conversation-oct-21st

That's enough for the press box, since clearly he's not figuring it out on his own.  Part of being a leader is holding yourself accountable, which he's not doing.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, GB5 said:

That, that is country club attitude... 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, LTC123 said:

Why didn't he just go to the puck carrier?  I don't know a lot about hockey....was he guessing on another play and guesses wrong?

Screen Shot 2022-10-22 at 8.43.01 AM.png

Well probably because there are also other Wild players that he's trying to consider...I mean, at this angle with the crease so clogged up he really shouldn't have been able to score from here. Go "at" him and there's another player on the other side behind the net and two out front to pass to who are wide open. Wild had an extra attacker on the ice for the lame ass penalty that was being called.

Better question is why was a penalty being called in OT (did we even see a replay?) when head shots are ignored? 

Was more concerned with how Myers defended there as it created a lot of the chaos in the crease...he's a big body. Use your stick and position yourself...to slide along the ice to block from ground level didn't work out so well. I feel like he impeded Demko a bit.

image.png

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Well probably because there are also other Wild players that he's trying to consider...I mean, at this angle with the crease so clogged up he really shouldn't have been able to score from here. Go "at" him and there's another player on the other side behind the net and two out front to pass to who are wide open.

image.png

image.png

Yup.  Miller is our only player in the proper defensive position in those frames.  

image.png

image.png

image.png

We're outnumbered and Myers pretty much took himself out of the play and Demko too. I'm looking at him more than JT here. Someone's gotta be aware of the other 3 players on the ice for the Wild as the dogpile in our crease is happening.

I don't really blame Brock here either...he's trying to get the net covered because Demko can't get back into position. It was a bit more desperate than it should have been for sure.

FTR, I like Myers but he has his moments (too).

On 10/21/2022 at 11:26 AM, combover said:

So far this season he’s been disappointing from the preseason on. 
but hey a career year pay day can have that effect. 
 Nucks would be wise to shop him and move on before there stuck. 

Yeah,exactly. I think he has let the contract throw him off. Probably everyone and their cousin was after him. But celebration time is over, he didn't come in this season fully prepared.  He's like at 50%,  I'll cut him slack for the start but he has to get his game face on. He is one of our important leaders. 

:towel:

• Cheers 1