The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

J.T. Miller | #9 | C/W

tan

9 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Gudas 6' @ 208lbs.  Miller is 6'1' @ 216lbs according hockeyfights.com

I know a lot of you young bucks think size is everything, but when in comes to fighting; skill and experience is

far more important.  Think Rick Rypien RIP:canucks:

Gudas averages 7 fights per season, while Miller has 1 fight per season.

Miller is not a fighter.

Where did you get Gudas averages 7 NHL fights a year? 8 last season then just 2 or 3 fights a year?

Miller over Gudas any day... Not even close when Miller snaps.....

28 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Both. I still like the idea of letting him take draws and then him moving to the wing as Petey plays the centre role. If Petey can do it well, I'd be okay with him moving to the wing though and making JT a full-time centre.

• 2 weeks later...

We got our alpha dog. The singing is middle of the road. Not a deal, not too much. I am not a fan of this management group and will take the opportunity to snipe them if Rutherfraud makes one of his signature trades. But this signing i wont judge against them. Even if it goes bad. You have to keep your top line players if you realistically can.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

We got our alpha dog. The singing is middle of the road. Not a deal, not too much. I am not a fan of this management group and will take the opportunity to snipe them if Rutherfraud makes one of his signature trades. But this signing i wont judge against them. Even if it goes bad. You have to keep your top line players if you realistically can.

IDK, JT doesn't really strike me as the musical type.

I would hope this puts to rest the trade Miller ideas, but it probably won't:

It carries a cap hit of $5.25 million, and has no formal trade protection for 2022-23.

Allvin downplayed the significance of that detail. "When doing a deal like this, the plan is for J.T. to stay here this year and seven more," he said.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, JM_ said:

I would hope this puts to rest the trade Miller ideas, but it probably won't:

It carries a cap hit of $5.25 million, and has no formal trade protection for 2022-23.

Allvin downplayed the significance of that detail. "When doing a deal like this, the plan is for J.T. to stay here this year and seven more," he said.

There was a bit of talk about this at work yesterday.  It wouldn’t bode well for future free agent signings but technically they could. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, sonoman said:

There was a bit of talk about this at work yesterday.  It wouldn’t bode well for future free agent signings but technically they could. 

it would be reputation suicide for PA to do trade Miller, imho. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2