The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

J.T. Miller | #9 | C/W

tan

4 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

JT should be a winger.

Why?  As Miller ages, and slows down, he (said himself) will play more at centre as a distributor.  Miller will be our top center for the next four years, then play less minutes as he gets into him mid 30's.  But he is definitely a player now who is more valuable at centre.  

Miller

Petey

Bo

Three fantastic centers.  We need right shot centre for our fourth line, who can PK and play heavy D zone minutes.  Lammiko is okay, but that's one spot we can get better.

• Vintage 1

48 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Why?  As Miller ages, and slows down, he (said himself) will play more at centre as a distributor.  Miller will be our top center for the next four years, then play less minutes as he gets into him mid 30's.  But he is definitely a player now who is more valuable at centre.  

Miller

Petey

Bo

Three fantastic centers.  We need right shot centre for our fourth line, who can PK and play heavy D zone minutes.  Lammiko is okay, but that's one spot we can get better.

Good point, Alf.  It also allows for a lot of choices during individual slumps, injuries or team needs.

Bo on the 3rd is excessive, but if you end up with a line that can score AND be the checking line,

it becomes a positive for the team.  But then again, the GM might want to go with a 3C-r at a much

lower cost.  It will be interesting to see what decision is made around our team's awesome Cs.

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

Good point, Alf.  It also allows for a lot of choices during individual slumps, injuries or team needs.

Bo on the 3rd is excessive, but if you end up with a line that can score AND be the checking line,

it becomes a positive for the team.  But then again, the GM might want to go with a 3C-r at a much

lower cost.  It will be interesting to see what decision is made around our team's awesome Cs.

If we can find some cheap wingers that play over their value like Florida did, we can be in a really good spot moving forward.

6 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Waiting for when we have two alternates--these Skate jerseys for both home and away games would be amazing. Heck, as a throwback to the 90s, it might even be cool to have the Whites at home too.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Waiting for when we have two alternates--these Skate jerseys for both home and away games would be amazing. Heck, as a throwback to the 90s, it might even be cool to have the Whites at home too.

I agree...and I feel it's time. If we're changing everything, why not?

57 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

It would be cool. I am tired of seeing boring dark jerseys every home game. 

15 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

It would be cool. I am tired of seeing boring dark jerseys every home game. 

Funny enough, the inverse was probably the argument to return back to dark jerseys in the mid 2000s. Seeing the actual team colours at home instead of just white all the time is arguably more interesting.

That said, as a fan that started watching in the early 2000s, home whites gives me nostalgia back to my childhood.

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Funny enough, the inverse was probably the argument to return back to dark jerseys in the mid 2000s. Seeing the actual team colours at home instead of just white all the time is arguably more interesting.

That said, as a fan that started watching in the early 2000s, home whites gives me nostalgia back to my childhood.

Something the league may do again, as a way to sell new merchandise ?

It was good to see the different team colours ,instead of always white vs blue at home games and not sure why they changed it?

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

So fortunate and happy that I was at that game. It was also Green's second last game with the Canucks iirc. Anyways, that goal lit up the arena and even Sens fans were singing Miller's praises (while criticizing their defensive coverage haha)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2022 at 9:38 PM, -AJ- said:

Not 100% sure but changing the home jersey's dark was because of the third jersey's being used and teams having to travel with different jersey's for specific games  

15 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Just a moment ago, Harman Dayal  of the Athletic on the Donnie and Dhalli show, suggested the Canucks could, and even should, trade JT Miller to the  Pittsburgh Penguins for Evgeni Malkin who will be 36 by season's start. :towel:I give up on hearing any semblance of common sense when it comes to people thinking moving out Miller is smart.

If it is for Malkin then I couldn't agree more. 

48 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Just a moment ago, Harman Dayal  of the Athletic on the Donnie and Dhalli show, suggested the Canucks could, and even should, trade JT Miller to the  Pittsburgh Penguins for Evgeni Malkin who will be 36 by season's start. :towel:I give up on hearing any semblance of common sense when it comes to people thinking moving out Miller is smart.

Why would the Canucks trade Miller to PIT if they could get Malkin for "free"?  Isn't he a UFA?

EDIT - Okay, I listened to the segment and Dayal doesn't say trade Miller for Malkin, but if the Canucks do trade Miller to whoever and free up cap space, they could target UFA Malkin.

Edited by NUCKER67

2 hours ago, Muttley said:

He does not say that.

He suggested a possibility to trade Miller for assets and sign Malkin in free agency to offset the loss.

• Thanks 2

On 6/14/2022 at 11:03 AM, NUCKER67 said:

Why would the Canucks trade Miller to PIT if they could get Malkin for "free"?  Isn't he a UFA?

EDIT - Okay, I listened to the segment and Dayal doesn't say trade Miller for Malkin, but if the Canucks do trade Miller to whoever and free up cap space, they could target UFA Malkin.

On 6/14/2022 at 12:58 PM, MrCanuck94 said:

He does not say that.

He suggested a possibility to trade Miller for assets and sign Malkin in free agency to offset the loss.

I'd prefer Forsberg, if we go that route. Malkin would certainly be less term commitment though. 

Either would be pretty solid "add assets while not taking a step back" moves though.

Couple that with moving Myers out and using our additional cap space to acquire a guy like Roy from Vegas to be 3C and we may even take a step forward...

• Upvote 1