St. Louis Blues

Winnipeg

Nashville

Colorado

Calgary

San Jose Sharks

Vegas Golden Knights

No 8 spot: Canucks?

Minnesota Dallas Oilers are also eyeing this last playoff spot…

I mean Benning has to add more pieces this summer to compete this playoff spot.

We need sign another top 6 forward and a top 4 defenseman.

Panaran/Lee EP Boeser

Pearson Bo Miller

Leivo Gaudette Virtanen

Plugs….

Edler Gardiner

Tanev Hughes

Stecher Hutton

Plugs…

I like it!  The Leafs model.

I line full of "plugs""!

Might want to try a different approach.   That one will get you nowhere fast.

Jake Gardiner, ironically, one of the 'top pairing' gonna propel you to the playoffz! - was one of the 3rd pairing plugs that sent the Leafs home in the first round again.

Filling out your 4th line with "plugs" = an awful idea.

Doing it repeatedly = the inability to reflect.  Welcome to the Dubas 'model.'  On track to repeat the threepeat.  :wacko:

Edited by oldnews

4 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I like it!  The Leafs model.

I line full of "plugs""!

Might want to try a different approach.   That one will get you nowhere fast.

Jake Gardiner, ironically, one of the 'top pairing' gonna propel you to the playoffz! - was one of the 3rd pairing plugs that sent the Leafs home in the first round again.

Filling out your 4th line with "plugs" = an awful idea.

Doing it repeatedly = the inability to reflect.  Welcome to the Dubas 'model.'  On track to repeat the threepeat.  :wacko:

WT....eff are you talking about? What has any of it got to do with the Canucks making the playoffs?  

Colorado losing the Barrie for a team that barely snuck in might be hard for them to do it.  Sure they have Makar, but we don't know if he can put up 60 points. 

If Tanev and Edler is injured for half the amount of games, we will make it. easy.  we missed it by 5 wins.

team can make it.  adding a full year of Pearson, Leivo, Ferland with increased toughness. Rousell coming in December will help after, and of course J.T Miller is also a tough customer himself (irony is that both Rousell and Miller has fought Ferland in the past) and now they are teamates our toughness has increased, our defence is far more versatile, Quin Hughes is a auto top 4, could be a top 2 by the halfway through the season, we should be a playoff team.

12 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Colorado losing the Barrie for a team that barely snuck in might be hard for them to do it.  Sure they have Makar, but we don't know if he can put up 60 points. 

If Tanev and Edler is injured for half the amount of games, we will make it. easy.  we missed it by 5 wins.

team can make it.  adding a full year of Pearson, Leivo, Ferland with increased toughness. Rousell coming in December will help after, and of course J.T Miller is also a tough customer himself (irony is that both Rousell and Miller has fought Ferland in the past) and now they are teamates our toughness has increased, our defence is far more versatile, Quin Hughes is a auto top 4, could be a top 2 by the halfway through the season, we should be a playoff team.

I find it mildly amusing how you can dismiss the internal growth of Colorado. Then make a bunch of assumptions about completely unproven factors on our team. You are actually implying that we are a better team than the Avs.

Every year there are surprised and disappointments. Do the Canucks have what it takes to be better? Yes. Will there be a learning curve? Yes. So this is where the playoffs are made or missed. If they have a good start then they are in. If they sputter gelling then it could be close. 

Looking at the holes filled by Benning and the depth and a tougher style of play we can expect have me inclined to say yes.

Add in how many teams in the west have actually gotten worse both on paper and relative to the Canucks improvement,  I would say if we dont again get decimated by injuries, a playoff spot is there for the Canucks.