The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Patrik Nemeth

30 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

I am confused.

Nemeth is listed as left handed D-Man.

You are saying that Nemeth is an Schenn replacement.

Can Nemeth play the right side, too?

Why not only re-sign Schenn with the same conditions you mentioned (2y x 2.5. mill)?

His positioning is not so important which side he plays. He would be a role player. Heavy game defensive type..  

If schenn resigned here then no need for Nemo

10 hours ago, mll said:

He was a healthy scratch during the playoffs - played 7 of their 12 games.  They don't see him back next season with Timmins and Makar expected to make the team.  They still also have Graves.

He is not going to get you points and Avalanche felt they had to outscore their opponent each/every game.   He is not going to generate offence.   Zero.

We'd be looking at guys like him, Benn etc because I'm pretty sure Benning doesn't want to pay Hutton anything approaching $4m to play on our 3rd pair when these guys can be had for less money and hold the fort on short term deals, for injuries/3rd pair/split duties until Juolevi's ready.

4 hours ago, aGENT said:

We'd be looking at guys like him, Benn etc because I'm pretty sure Benning doesn't want to pay Hutton anything approaching $4m to play on our 3rd pair when these guys can be had for less money and hold the fort on short term deals, for injuries/3rd pair/split duties until Juolevi's ready.

And yet he made it a point to go after Roussel and Beagle even though you can find cheaper 4th line alternatives.

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, Chip Kelly said:

And yet he made it a point to go after Roussel and Beagle even though you can find cheaper 4th line alternatives.

Roussell's a 3rd liner FWIW. 

Paying a guy +/-$2m vs Hutton $4m to play 3rd pair LD will also allow us to spend extra $ on a top 4 RD.

• Upvote 1

Would really like JB “Finding Nemo”

I believe he should target Nemeth on the left side 3rd pairing, instead of Hutton. Nemo has good size, kills penalties and plays a physical game. Should be able to get him for $3m per.

We need another LD that can PK.

Edited by BigTramFan

Nemeth would be a beauty, especially if he's happy to sign for 1M or so. Ideally we keep Schenn around too, then make a play for a big time puck mover. 

Edler - Stecher

Hughes - Myers/Ristolainen/whoever

Nemeth - Tanev

Schenn

Juolevi

That's a deep defence that's good to go and if and when we get injuries to the top-4, the bottom pairing guys can play 20 mins comfortably.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Nemeth would be a beauty, especially if he's happy to sign for 1M or so. Ideally we keep Schenn around too, then make a play for a big time puck mover. 

Edler - Stecher

Hughes - Myers/Ristolainen/whoever

Nemeth - Tanev

Schenn

Juolevi

That's a deep defence that's good to go and if and when we get injuries to the top-4, the bottom pairing guys can play 20 mins comfortably.

He was on a 2.5M salary last season.  

3 hours ago, mll said:

He was on a 2.5M salary last season.  

That's the thing,  this guy is not signing a 1 year,  1 million type deal.  Jordie Benn was rumored to be seeking 3 X 3million, and this guy is probably looking for about the same  Having this guy signed for 2 or 3 years would represent a significant roadblock to Juolevi making the team. I'd rather just use someone like Saunter as a placeholder,  and hope that Olli is ready after a few months. 

6 minutes ago, ‹(•¿•)› said:

That's the thing,  this guy is not signing a 1 year,  1 million type deal.  Jordie Benn was rumored to be seeking 3 X 3million, and this guy is probably looking for about the same  Having this guy signed for 2 or 3 years would represent a significant roadblock to Juolevi making the team. I'd rather just use someone like Saunter as a placeholder,  and hope that Olli is ready after a few months. 

I would go after Ben Chiarot. Probably would take a 1 year deal at just over 2 mill. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, KKnight said:

I would go after Ben Chiarot. Probably would take a 1 year deal at just over 2 mill. 

Sure,  I'd do that deal,  too, but I bet he gets at least 2 years in reality. Smart move would be to wait till August, and see who's available on a 1 year term. Either that or leave the spot open to internal competition,  or look at to waiver wire in October. Every year some good players get waived. For example, Brett Kulak was waived at the start of last season, and he would be an upgrade on any of the players we're discussing.