The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Golden Knights trade Colin Miller to Sabres for 2021 2nd-round pick, 2022 5th-round pick

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Miller is at best a third pairing guy, and he’s making almost 4 million.  He’s really not that good.  He will struggle a lot in Buffalo.  Their forwards don’t play nearly so well defensively as the Vegas guys do.  

We are about to pay around $7 million for a guy who put up worse numbers over the past two years....

Basically everyone in hockey thinks Miller is a top 4 guy... maybe a #4, but a top 4.  Lots of those same people think Myers is a 3rd pairing guy.

Edited by Provost
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think that’s why JB wasn’t in on Miller.  JB has his right side set with a Myer’s addition.  

I agree with that, I’d still prefer Colin Miller over Myers due to age and contract 

but we’ve talked that 1 out already and JB would 100% get roasted for trading even more draft picks by a lot of people(not me) so it does make sense. 

Edited by brian42

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

Pretty much but I feel that Benning and the Gillian/Gillman regimes are philosophies of two different extremes. I would imagine having a Gillman like assistant GM working with Benning would reach a good balance of sorts. 

Plus let's not forget Benning is the one that was signed Eriksson on his contact and heck that wasn't even his plan A (Lucic was).

I wonder if his plan A is still in the works.B)

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

Isn't Montour also RHD.  They have Casey Nelson as well on RHD.  That's 5 under contract and 4 who could be top 4 possibly.

I think Risto is on the move.  I hope its here.  He would be better than Meyers and cheaper for the next 3 years.

The Sabres would want a really good return on Risto.  Don't think the Canucks have what the Sabres would want.

Come on Alf.....Miller is not a 3rd pairing D.  https://www.knightsonice.com/2019/5/20/18537601/2018-19-player-review-question-marks-surround-colin-miller-crucial-offseason-golden-knights

Although is probably is a #4 D.

A lot of Buffalo fans do think that Risto may get traded now.

God I would love JB to be able to get him.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

Isn't Montour also RHD.  They have Casey Nelson as well on RHD.  That's 5 under contract and 4 who could be top 4 possibly.

I think Risto is on the move.  I hope its here.  He would be better than Meyers and cheaper for the next 3 years.

The Sabres would want a really good return on Risto.  Don't think the Canucks have what the Sabres would want.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Who knows. Trade values have been all over the place lately.

They say they want scoring help.  I wonder if they would consider Baer and/or Virtanen plus something.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

I agree, and I'm glad I'm not responsible for that.  But a long term d that looks like this would be worth paying up for.  Our goaltending is set.  Maybe Virtanen and Sutter get it done?  They only have 10 forwards signed and this would balance cap wise and allow them to sign another FA.

Hughes Ristolainen

Juolevi Woo

Tryamkin Stecher

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Dixon Ward said:

I agree, and I'm glad I'm not responsible for that.  But a long term d that looks like this would be worth paying up for.  Our goaltending is set.  Maybe Virtanen and Sutter get it done?  They only have 10 forwards signed and this would balance cap wise and allow them to sign another FA.

Hughes Ristolainen

Juolevi Woo

Tryamkin Stecher

Fully agree.  Whatever it takes because once that is done our F and D are pretty much set with prospects ready to upgrade a few spots over the next couple years.  1st are nice, but better to be in a situation where out roster is set for years.  

• Upvote 1

This wouldve been a nice pickup for us. Alot of ppl here were a big proponent of Miller. Same tier player as Myers IMO, but his contract situatuon is certainly better.

Whether or not Vegas was set on trading him out of conference is just speculation at this point. Though it certainly holds merit. 

Good pickup for Buffalo. Maybe makes a Risto trade a greater possibility but I assume they'll want a premium. Doubt we have the assets for it frankly.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

21 minutes ago, coryberg said:

So you want jim to publicly comment on other teams players? He's been fined for that before. Next step would likely be losing draft picks. 

But as long as zimmy is happy! 

It would be more like contented.

51 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Hmm, so if Dahlin is RHD1 and Miller is RHD2, then Risto is RHD3?  Doesn't sound right, needs to be rectified by liberating him out of there.

Dahlin is a LD But they now have Montour, Miller, Ristolainen and Bogosian on RD...clearly they need to make some moves.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'll admit that Myers is my absolute least favorite option for this team. Any and all player movement that is somehow related to Jimbo's search for help on the  blue line circles back to  back to the fear of TM at 7x7. Judging by past history this is not, I think, an irrational response. I like Jim and support most of what he has done to build up the team and prospect coffers. And I am condemning him for actions that have yet to unfold but the tea leaves are not too difficult to read at this stage. 

As others have said just because Buffalo got him for that price doesn’t mean we could.

They werent going to have a shortage of trading partners for him, no way they trade him within the division.

Now at least people can stop making Miller proposals. It was never gonna happen.

Edited by DeNiro