The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Jordie Benn signs with Canucks

1 hour ago, Baer. said:

Lol at people confuse reacting this. I posted it in the other Benn thread and it got moved here when the threads were merged. Now it just looks like I'm being a dick :rolleyes:

I can confirm that this is true.

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Rush17 said:

He's motivated and happy to be home. He won't be taking nothing for granted. A nice improvement over Hutton who filled that role last season. 

Hutton has rubbed me the wrong way since his sophomore season. I was a huge supporter of him in his first camp. I think he got to comfort getting to the NHL to soon.

Plus he has a kick az beard 

• Cheers 1

I like both Myers and Benn. Our team was too small and teams were taking liberties.  We needed some more size on our roster. 

So glad we ridded ourselves of Poo. We will also have size on the horizon with Tram and Oscar when he gets to slot in. 

We improved our D and we improved our size. 

Good job JB

..... now ship out Sutter please 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I like both Myers and Benn. Our team was too small and teams were taking liberties.  We needed some more size on our roster. 

So glad we ridded ourselves of Poo. We will also have size on the horizon with Tram and Oscar when he gets to slot in. 

We improved our D and we improved our size. 

Good job JB

..... now ship out Sutter please 

I'm always relieved to drop a poo

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

38 minutes ago, Dr.BRR said:

great job JB. Happy to see JB being smart with our money. Benn 2x2 , Myers 6x5. really changes our back end. Guys like Bo who have had to endure years of losing and sup par defending have to be getting excited to come to camp this year and have a better back end than we have had in a few years!!

jennifer aniston dancing GIF

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Green would be smart to manage Tanevs minutes more closely this season. 

Let Myers and Benn take the heavy minutes off his hands.

I kinda feel like Tanev gets played w Benn as stetcher is proven  w Edler and Hughes Myers seems like a no brainer..

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Be interesting how it all shakes out but my first thought was Benn with Hughes.

Benn and Hughes are both LD I believe, so someone would have to play on their off side and mess up with the current balance.

• Thanks 1

Just now, N7Nucks said:

Given what Panarin is making and what Marner is asking for. Benn contract doesn't look so bad. But it is in the high end.

I just don't think we could afford it long term when we have to sign Pettersson, Hughes, and acquire whomever else we may need.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, SynysterGates said:

Benn plays both sides.

Edler-Tanev

Hughes-Myers

Benn-Stecher

If Benn is paired with Hughes, who on the right shifts to the left? Unless Fantenberg draws into the lineup, Benn will most likely be playing LD unless there are injuries which allows his ability to play RD be more for insurance purposes IMO. But good to know that he's capable of playing both sides.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Dr.BRR said:

great job JB. Happy to see JB being smart with our money. Benn 2x2 , Myers 6x5. really changes our back end. Guys like Bo who have had to endure years of losing and sup par defending have to be getting excited to come to camp this year and have a better back end than we have had in a few years!!

I’m sure Marky and Demko will be happy as well. Along with Eddie, Tanev and Stecher to have some help 

• Upvote 1

I like this way more than the Myers signing. Benn is a meat and potatoes dude. Also helps he hasn't been crowned the savior of this Dfence like Myers has.

Benning needs to add another top 6ish piece. Don't hide behind Cap Recapture, COWARD

• Haha 1
  • Wat 4