The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Avalanche trade Tyson Barrie, Alexander Kerfoot, 2020 6th-round pick to Maple Leafs for Nazem Kadri, Calle Rosen, 2020 3rd-round pick

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

He's not stepping into Barrie’s role though, that's the part you don't get, he will play 5 on 5 with Ian Cole which they were a near perfect fit for each other. 

Someone’s gotta take on Barries minutes.

It’s either him or Girard.

Weird trade for Colorado when sakic seemed to want a crap load from the Canucks for Barrie.

The equivalent trade from us would have been Sutter, a young D not making much, and a pick??

Oh well. Just hope barrie does not sign with TO.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Timmins likely makes the team halfway through the year too.  Really underrated guy who flies under the radar with their flashier prospects.  Would love to see Benning somehow snag him after a rough season due to injury.

Edited by King Heffy

Just now, DeNiro said:

Their forwards are not the problem.

Thinking Makar or Byram can step into Barries role seriously underrates what Barrie did for that team. 

They’re going to score lots no doubt. That doesn’t always equaL playoffs though. Gotta keep the puck outta the net too.

I do agree short term?  (!)

But Colorado does not need to rush.  Rantanen, Landeskog & MackInnon are not going anywhere, anytime soon.  Its one of the leagues good young teams. Ultimately, Byram and Makar should both be the equivalent of Barrie. And both more physical, and better defensively.  Its fine long term. For that matter they also have Girard, Barrie's left handed mini me. Their speed from the back end will miss Barrie, but its stronger than ours, even with Hughes & them without Barrie.

They also landed Donskoi, Burakovsky.  Have Compher.  They have speed and talent three lines deep up front!  

I suspect they were in on, but missed on a depth or defensive D man.  Which is probably a critical part of the balance of their off season.  Erik Johnson is an Edler, even more physical and have Zadorov, admittedly a bit clumsy as defensive D. I heard Johnson will miss the start of the season. Yes, no doubt, they still want to work on that?

Colorado is a team to watch!

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

Weird trade for Colorado when sakic seemed to want a crap load from the Canucks for Barrie.

The equivalent trade from us would have been Sutter, a young D not making much, and a pick??

Kadri is substantially better than Sutter to be fair. But I still think it's an awful deal for the Avs.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Kadri is better than Sutter.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Zadorov Johnson

Makar Cole

Girard Connauton/Graves/Barberio

Timmins/Byram longshots 

Edited by canuck73_3

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Kadri is better than Sutter.

Scored 30 goals just the seaon before last 2017-18.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I do agree short term?  (!)

But Colorado does not need to rush.  Rantanen, Landeskog & MackInnon are not going anywhere, anytime soon.  Its one of the leagues good young teams. Ultimately, Byram and Makar should both be the equivalent of Barrie. And both more physical, and better defensively.  Its fine long term. For that matter they also have Girard, Barrie's left handed mini me. Their speed from the back end will miss Barrie, but its stronger than ours, even with Hughes & them without Barrie.

They also landed Donskoi, Burakovsky.  Have Compher.  They have speed and talent three lines deep up front!  

I suspect they were in on, but missed on a depth or defensive D man.  Which is probably a critical part of the balance of their off season.  Erik Johnson is an Edler, even more physical and have Zadorov, admittedly a bit clumsy as defensive D. I heard Johnson will miss the start of the season. Yes, no doubt, they still want to work on that?

Colorado is a team to watch!

No doubt they’re going to be a great team for a long time.

All I’m saying is don’t be surprised if they take a step back next season before things get better. That’s a lot of inexperience on the blue line.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Zadorov Johnson

Makar Cole

Girard Connauton/Graves/Barberio

One injury and that D is in trouble.

Im done arguing about Barries impact on that team. It should be pretty obvious to most.

12 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

The Avs have dynamic young forwards. Timmins & Makar + Bowen Byram to keep the puck moving up ice from the D to replace Barrie..

And with less defensive risk than Barrie. It may take a year but that's fine.

They got one of the leagues best 3rd line centres, really an absolutely ideal 2knd line match up centre.  He's not the ideal young captain Bo Horvat is?  And he is a sh!t. But he is not far behind talent wise. Might not even be far?  He is a two time 30 goal scorer, and has hit 60 points in the NHL. Only 15 months ago. Bo has only done one of those things.

You are under rating Kadri.

Kadri is massively underrated, as is Marchand but that is the choice that they made when they decided to act like whiny little bitches. Marchand of course is the caliber of player where he forces people to acknowledge his talent. Kadri I think has gone under the radar a little due to having to shoulder all the grunt work while stars like Matthews and Tavares enjoy the privileges. The Leafs will definitely miss Kadri, they just lost the only player on their team with a pulse. 

• Upvote 2

I'm hoping JB will pick up that phone and try for Barrie round 2! Not sure what meets their needs? They need cap space and grit. We could take Horton back? We can retain salary too, due to Barries low salary. There is room for a deal here if we get creative. 

I just feel getting him now would cement him here in free agency next year.