The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Vegas looking to trade Nikita Gusev

Breaking: Golden Knights looking at trade options for Nikita Gusev A source told The Athletic the sides are far apart in negotiations, and Vegas could deal the Russian star if they can’t fit him under the cap.

https://twitter.com/JesseGranger_/status/1145880496380923904

Edited by Canucks_fo_life

Podkolzin played on the same team as him last year......Well for 3 games  But they should have some familiarity together.  I would be willing to take a flyer on him as he's an extremely offensive talent.  Wonder what the asking price would be?  He's apparently looking for more than 2 million per season

Nikita Gusev would be awesome has potential to be a star!  Problem is Canucks would have to clear some cap space & Vegas can not take on cap. 

This is would require two separate trades but if I’m Benning I’m all over this doing everything I can because I think the price tag on him will be less than he proves his value to be. 

Get creative and work hard Benning no more excuses, Luongo penalty kick in the shins etc. etc.  

look at the leafs wheel and deal and Vegas and Carolina.  Adding another top 6 could easily be the difference between making the playoffs or not.  Also Benning’s job. 

Oh man, I'd love to get in on Gusev but we're in a tough spot.  

I would actually prefer to have Motte over Gusev, so him and Boeser aren't going anywhere.  If we can sign Goldy for cheap, then I think there's a deal to be had there as long as Boeser's salary stays in line with other signings this summer (so about 6.5 mil/year). If Motte and Leivo come in around 1 mil/year, then we're depending on Sautner, Brisebois and Biega money in the the minors for money for Gusev.  

That leaves us with about $2.4 mil/season to play with.  Probably not enough money 

Edit: if Schaller gets sent down,that's all of a sudden probably enough money to bury.  We're in a tough spot with Luongo's recap penalty. 

Edited by Guest

13 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Goldobin for Gusev...

That’s like a Ford Fiesta for a Ferrari.

but 

we we may get him a bit cheap because he’s unproven in NHL(but I’m confident) and he’s not signed. Would take more than Goldy though

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, brian42 said:

but 

we we may get him a bit cheap because he’s unproven in NHL(but I’m confident) and he’s not signed. Would take more than Goldy though

He's gonna be 27 in a week. I wouldn't do more than Goldy for him tbh.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, brian42 said:

but 

He's never played a game in the NHL so to call him a Ferrari is a bit rich.  He could be a great player or he could be a bust playing with the big boys  The NHL is not the KHL.  

In any event Vegas cannot sign him, they have negative cap space as it is.  They can take Goldobin and flip him for a pick.  I doubt they get any better offers unless Sakic is still drinking...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He's never played a game in the NHL so to call him a Ferrari is a bit rich.  He could be a great player or he could be a bust playing with the big boys  The NHL is not the KHL.  

In any event Vegas cannot sign him, they have negative cap space as it is.  They can take Goldobin and flip him for a pick.  I doubt they get any better offers unless Sakic is still drinking...

He’s gonna be traded for more than Goldy and it it will still be a steal, mark my words. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, oldnews said:

wonder what he's expecting for terms?

Panarin took 3.5 in a similar situation/context - KHL production to translate.

Good comparison, maybe a bit more due to cap going up since then.  Hard to say