The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Josh Leivo

Hopefully this means Goldobin gets a 1.5M contract too and JB argues with his agent that all his points were thanks to Petey. Would only leave us with 4M to sign Boeser so something's still got to give and I hope it's somehow Eriksson rather than Tanev or Sutter.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Hopefully this means Goldobin gets a 1.5M contract too and JB argues with his agent that all his points were thanks to Petey. Would only leave us with 4M to sign Boeser so something's still got to give and I hope it's somehow Eriksson rather than Tanev or Sutter.

Please see sig...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Eriksson, Tanev and Sutter ,.  I think we have replaced them already. ..  frankly, I don’t think I’ve seen those three play for almost 2 full seasons.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Absolute worst-case if we really needed cap, we could have recovered $1mil this year by buying out Schaller.  I had thought we could use Spooner in Utica, but considering they bought him out it must mean do they plan at least another signing or want to retain more flexibility this year.

Could also recover 1m by just waiving Shaller and burrying him in Utica. 

• Upvote 1

Just want to say, I am glad Leivo is signed

I do not want this to become or construed as a troll job

I like what he brings

I simple say I think he should have been paid less

I do not want to say any more

That is just my opinion...….

Totally respect everyone else's views

They are just not what I believe

Cheers!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

But not until the start of the season, can't help now.

True, hopefully we aren't in a position where we need that room in the summer though. With the ability to be over cap in the off season.

1 minute ago, janisahockeynut said:

Just want to say, I am glad Leivo is signed

I do not want this to become or construed as a troll job

I like what he brings

I simple say I think he should have been paid less

I do not want to say any more

That is just my opinion...….

Totally respect everyone else's views

They are just not what I believe

Cheers!

I Leivo had arb rights.  We actually got him for a bit less than arb would have likely awarded.  

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Eriksson, Tanev and Sutter ,.  I think we have replaced them already. ..  frankly, I don’t think I’ve seen those three play for almost 2 full seasons.

Fair point but this defense needs Tanev if we're going to make a playoff run. Swapping out Tanev for Myers and Hutton for Benn is not a significant enough upgrade. Plus it's unrealistic for us to expect this team to be healthy this year. Sure, we can hope for the best but we need to prepare for the worst and that means keeping as many D men capable of playing top 4 minutes as we can IMO.

• Upvote 1

Anyone know about the Justin Bailey Signing

no real information on price tag and what the signing is about. Who is he as a player ? 

I was looking for this in topics but couldn’t find it. 

Edit never mind I.  found it.  Disregard post. 

61DC856D-51D8-4155-9F47-B04E7B7C6559.png

Edited by Bertorama

23 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I think Goldobin gets under 1.5 million on a one year deal. He had a marginally better PPG than Leivo, but Leivo can backcheck and play physical. Goldy will have a hard time cracking the line up if he doesn't win a top 6 spot. Although I'm curious how he would fare alongside Pearson and Horvat.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VIC_CITY said:

Fair point but this defense needs Tanev if we're going to make a playoff run. Swapping out Tanev for Myers and Hutton for Benn is not a significant enough upgrade. Plus it's unrealistic for us to expect this team to be healthy this year. Sure, we can hope for the best but we need to prepare for the worst and that means keeping as many D men capable of playing top 4 minutes as we can IMO.

I just dont see Tanev capable of the underlined any more.

The more minutes he plays, the bigger an offensive target he becomes. Whether it’s being out because of injury for a portion of a period, a single game or weeks on end.. it upsets the balance and symmetry that s Coach tries to create in pairings.

We can “say” .. well it gives the prospects a chance to play when he is out,. But I would rather see a new prospect get the opportunity that Hutton has enjoyed.

Perhaps that’s Sautner, Brisboise, or Joulevi this year.

I like Leivo, I feel he's another one of those guys who needed a new lease on life and he came in and has worked out pretty well so far.  Here's hoping year 2, is that much better with a full training camp with the Green Men. 

43 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

This has been discussed numerous times on here. You are wrong.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TheCerebral1 said:

I like Leivo, I feel he's another one of those guys who needed a new lease on life and he came in and has worked out pretty well so far.  Here's hoping year 2, is that much better with a full training camp with the Green Men. 

vancouver canucks hockey GIF

Let's see Leivo do this on the ice!

• Haha 1