The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Josh Leivo

57 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Lol.. Leivo isn’t looking good on paper because he spent 3 1/2 seasons with the Leafs,. and only a half season with us. ;) 

Hence why he needs a good camp to get a look in our top 6. We may roll 4 lines, but I doubt we will be spreading the wealth over the lines. Having two solid go-to offensive lines simply makes it harder to defend and having two energy/defensive lines (now with more offensive punch as well with our depth) helps to shift the minutes when needed.

I was impressed with Leivo last year and thoroughly enjoyed his game, but he did only put up 18 points in 49 games. I think he can compliment our top guys, but not as a regular which is why he's very good depth that can step into the top 6 if needed IMO.

Its a dramatic change for Green,. Instead of looking to hold a game in place with a defensive strategy, he can now be offensive.

Something he hasn’t really had the chance to do..

the blessing is Bo and Jakes Defensive game came up to very good compete levels.. now they too will evolve offensively, each to their own.  It’s an exciting year.

It's certainly going to be an interesting year and I'd like to see how we progress, but I don't think we quite go full on offense. It's still going to be a structured system, but I guess we will see now that Green has different personnel that he didn't have before.

Hats off to F.Aquillini for being patient through this process,. Would not be so good with an owner like Dundon in Carolina.

That the benefit of being in a hockey market. But curious if FA could be as patient as the Edmonton process for example. 

Benning has us stacked down through the AHL and abroad, a fantastic time /development system is in place where nothing needs to be rushed and players can work on their potential and bring their “best to show” when ready.

Always wished to see the Utica Comets move to Renfrew St..  but those fans are the best, and I’d hate to see our prospects hounded by the Sports Journalists in this City.. most of them have a disease that spreads depression.

Wouldnt mind seeing an ECHL Team here though..  they have expanded west a bit.. he’ll if you can have the Alaska Aces,. You can have the “Vancouver Timber” ;) 

Definitely glad to see the depth grow. Definitely don't want our youth to deal with our media here, but would be nice to have a team in Seattle or Portland or something like that to make a trip to occasionally. Not sure how successful a team in Abbotsford would be. Don't think the market will be there for an ECHL team in Vancouver, but maybe Victoria or Langley or someplace like that.

8 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

:lol: Guys, this is an old thread. Leivo has not been re-signed as of yet

Again, I apologize (#muchgrovelling)  -  I didnt realize it would appear bolded as though it were a new thread.  In retrospect I should have made my comment in the "minor trades" thread 

Edited by Googlie
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Again, I apologize (#muchgrovelling)  -  I didnt realize it would appear bolded as though it were a new thread.  In retrospect I should have made my comment in the "minor trades" thread 

Consider yourself spurned sir <_<

9 minutes ago, Googlie said:

No apologies necessary. All in good fun.