The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Micheal Ferland

4 minutes ago, clayduran said:

I work for the flames organization, not a fan so don't hate lol calgary was trying to free up space to get Ferland back. Everyone in the locker room miss him and his presence. In 2015 Ferland use to bug me cause I was a canucks fan he was calling him self the run away train during the playoffs and kept bugging me about that. I am so happy he's coming to Vancouver we got a great guy in the locker room and a good player. 

If he brings what he did to us that series with any regularity he's going to be one of the all time fan favs.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think Breezer and Sautner can platoon that spot if need be.  Breezer, imo, is ready to be in the NHL.

Really? I think Sautner is more ready but either way they are pretty similar in their development and either one of them will likely get the chance this season.

I almost forgot about MacEwan.

We have a really really big, hard, tough team if you include him as well.

Ferland, Pearson, Miller, Virtanen, Roussel, MacEwan, Benn, Myers, Woo and possibly Trymakin. Add in some skill with Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes, Juolevi and Horvat. - JB I'm impressed.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, appleboy said:

I think they will move LE and there will be something extra to get them to take the entire cap hit. Once LE 's signing bonus is paid the deal will be announced. Someone will need to be go. Unless Boeser signs for a cheaper short term deal.

I can't see them moving out Tanev , Sutter or Jake. It looks to me like there all in. Make it or else. I will not be shocked if they move another 1st round pick to get rid of LE. Will they move the 21 pick making it a guaranty that Tampa gets the 2020 pick no matter what. 

We have +/- $9m to sign Boeser. More than enough.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Who is this ferkland we just signed for 4x3.5?? thats WAYY too much!!!

This is an amazing signing by jim benning, cheap contract for good term on a young tough guy who can score. If anyone has anything bad to say about this signing they can shove it up their obvious canuck hating ass.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, appleboy said:

I think they will move LE and there will be something extra to get them to take the entire cap hit. Once LE 's signing bonus is paid the deal will be announced. Someone will need to be go. Unless Boeser signs for a cheaper short term deal.

I can't see them moving out Tanev , Sutter or Jake. It looks to me like there all in. Make it or else. I will not be shocked if they move another 1st round pick to get rid of LE. Will they move the 21 pick making it a guaranty that Tampa gets the 2020 pick no matter what. 

They don’t need to move Erickson to begin with. They have 9 mil in cap with him. They can move Leivo for a 5th and they’re fine once Roussell is back. 

Erickson can still play and his salary is 3 mil. You retain 1 mil and any team who needs to take on cap would take him as he’s still effective defensively and there’s always the “you never know with chemistry”

2 mil salary and 6 mil cap hit is attractive to teams like Ottawa and anyone needing to be over the floor

Edited by 18W-40C-6W
  • Upvote 1