The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Micheal Ferland

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Honestly, I don't see them dumping Sutter.......if he can stay healthy and the lineup clicks, he could, very well, re-sign.

With 2 more years left at his cap hit and coming off of back to back injury riddled seasons you’d think Benning would be hard pressed to find a suitor in a trade and I’m okay with that. A healthy Sutter is actually quite valuable to this club. Loui’s contract is the one that’s the real issue. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

Honestly, I don't see them dumping Sutter.......if he can stay healthy and the lineup clicks, he could, very well, re-sign.

And that’s fine I don’t see it as a negative outcome to see Gaudette taking first line minutes in Utica if anything it be good for his development and helps to build Suter”s trade value  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Pickly said:

With 2 more years left at his cap hit and coming off of back to back injury riddled seasons you’d think Benning would be hard pressed to find a suitor in a trade and I’m okay with that. A healthy Sutter is actually quite valuable to this club. Loui’s contract is the one that’s the real issue. 

I wonder if something like Eriksson plus Juolevi would get this mess sorted. I’ll probably be ostracized for saying this but if necessary I’d add Juolevi and Demko to ship him off I don’t see us retaining both Demko and Marky in expansion and with DiPietro in the pipeline and Thatcher not ready to start yet on his own I’d consider it. I also believe Juolevi will be a soft defender and see Woo and Tree making him expendable but hey just my opinion 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

6 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Somebody better tell Dmitri that Schaller, Edler, Benn, Baetschi, Pearson, Tanev, Sutter, and Spooner's cap will all be gone or be expiring by then. Or in some case's potentially re-signed for less. With Lu's recap expiring the following season. We're fine.

Shhhh.....let the idiot's sound stupid as always!  :lol:

Just now, luckylager said:

Gotta agree.

I'm disappointed in a lot of fans for not respecting Baer.

Look at his numbers. He's a really good hockey player and his style/vision/craftiness will be needed and very valuable.

In my mind he is one of the most importance players to the success of the team next year.  He is one of the only playmakers on the roster.  The really is no other pass first player in the forward group.  If he isn't healthy then his role will need to be replaced.  Playing three bangers on one line or three shooters isn't going to work.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 2

1 minute ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

In my mind he is one of the most importance players to the success of the team next year.  He is one of the only playmakers on the roster.  The really is no other pass first player in the forward group.  If he isn't healthy then his role will need to be replaced.  Playing three bangers on one line or three shooters isn't going to work.

Huh?

Pettersson makes amazing passes.  Boeser is a very good passer.  Horvat can pass. JT Miller can pass.  :mellow:

• Upvote 2

Just now, DeNiro said:

Average size of the team now:

6’1 - 205 lbs

And that’s without the potential additions of MacEwan, Bailey, or Graovac to the fourth line. All big boys. And if Tryamkin comes back this season...

Lets just say we got a little bigger this offseason.

its not even about the size which is great.  Its that these players use their size and like to take the body.  Thats Uuuuge...