The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Micheal Ferland | #79 | LW

-DLC-

16 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

That's just my semi-wild guess, based on the fact that he had an undisclosed illness during training camp that caused him to lose 10 lbs. and still seems to be causing him fatigue when he plays.

6lbs was the number he told media.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

id say ferlands best game so far. Ferland-Bo-Virtanen is a pretty good heavy line imo. power when needed and id say against this type of heavy oposition like the caps, they will definetly be more needed then other type of oposition. This is where Ferland gets really useful and makes a huge difference for the team compared to last year. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, truculentnuck said:

Maybe my eyes are failing me but from the penalty box, you can see Ferland's knuckle all screwed up.  My guess of the upper body injury.

Think your right..  I’m sure someone might have a better pic,. But I came up with this..

65B48CCF-40B5-4D1F-AB67-F235E99799FC.jpeg

• Like 1

If it's his hand, then I consider it a win. A concussion would be much worse for his health long term. He'll be out some weeks, no doubt, but at least he'll heal up and Rouss can step in soon, and Gaudette, Baer, Goldie, etc. Our depth will help us. Get well soon, Ferda.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

That's his 3rd concussion I believe. His last was around this time last year in Carolina. Missed around 10 games.

I think Green said concussion protocol, so it might just be erring on the side of caution.  Lets hope so, he was starting to play very well.

• Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think Green said concussion protocol, so it might just be erring on the side of caution.  Lets hope so, he was starting to play very well.

Agreed. these last 3 games he was starting to make a real impact. Hope he returns soon.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

Agreed. these last 3 games he was starting to make a real impact. Hope he returns soon.

How effective is our nuclear deterrent if he can't explode?  I love Furley, but wonder if he's (now) a bomb that doesn't explode?  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Unfortunate for Ferland, but lucky for him he's not just some goon who is relied upon just to drop the gloves. The guy as some skill as well, and can still play a big role. Clifford is a big dude, and got one good shot in (knocking off Ferland's helmet). Hopefully he's okay and recovers.

• Like 1