The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks sign GM Jim Benning to contract extension

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 hours ago, Ur a Towel said:

Lol kingofsurrey, why are you so mad? I reacted confused to your troll posts here and you literally went through every one of my old posts and reacted confused to them.

Find something better to do with your time please.

On topic, I think JB deserved this. Congrats to him and anyone that can't see that this team is trending in the right direction needs to really give their heads a shake.

They've addressed mostly all of their needs and they should be fighting for a playoff spot this year.

He has done that to me as well in the past, gone back weeks just to "get back at me" for calling out his trolling. You're not the only one lol.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Can i sword fight KingOfSurrey for king title?

More like KingOfISISurrey the way he has terrorized this thread and posters.....

I wish upon a star that the mods add an option to let us members vote to ban excessive trollers.

If you don't like what the canucks are doing well that sucks for you !

although there are 30 other teams in the NHL that would love to have you guys as fans.

Maybe join their forums and contribute in a positive way over there?

Or just bring back the minus and let us enforce/police ourselves.  Better yet bring it back and have it used against your up green arrows as in you only get so many then your out to avoid trolls from just minusing anyone and everyone for no reason at all.   

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Or just bring back the minus and let us enforce/police ourselves.  Better yet bring it back and have it used against your up green arrows as in you only get so many then your out to avoid trolls from just minusing anyone and everyone for no reason at all.   

IIRC it was brought back for a bit awhile ago but we only had five minuses a day or something like that. I feel like that should be fair. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Here is hoping for our future HOF manager!!

thumbnail_IMG_20190817_134117_resized_20190817_014232239.jpg

Some quality hair there Jim, now we know the real reason he drafted Brock ;) Pretty happy that we have him for what sounds like 3 more years, I think he has done an excellent job so far.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, gerry35 said:

He has done that to me as well in the past, gone back weeks just to "get back at me" for calling out his trolling. You're not the only one lol.

Imagine being so annoyed that someone was confused with your post that you go back weeks to react to all of theirs.

That being said, I feel like we'd just be better off with ignoring him going forward. No point in feeding the trolls the attention they want.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

On MG vs JB: They basically played out(judge them by their deeds, not words), as polar opposites. Their strengths/weaknesses almost appear diametrically opposed.

...except that JB hasn't been in the situation that MG was in yet, in order to have those opportunities.  MG wasn't rebuilding, but that doesn't mean he couldn't have drafted well regardless.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I find the best course of action is simply to use the 'report post' feature and/or message a mod about someone negative/puzzle facing ALL your posts ;) 

Let the mods deal with petulant behaviour and keeps the threads on subject :) 

Considering the message from SN and the subsequent silence from WD, I'd suspect he's been given a time out.  Not sure how KOS has escaped that same fate, but perhaps it's out of pity.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Considering the message from SN and the subsequent silence from WD, I'd suspect he's been given a time out.  Not sure how KOS has escaped that same fate, but perhaps it's out of pity.

He is the King of Surrey, sure that has some pull even if it’s the A-hole burrough of Vancouver. 

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

I think there comes a time, Even if we disagreed with his method, when one needs to accept that JB has done a good job rebuilding our team, and prospective future.  I’m glad JB has an extension, so he can get the reward of hoisting the Stanley Cup his team will bring. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Who would decide who is a troll and who is just saying things that some groups might not agree with.

This would be full of only fans who unconditionally loved Benning.

Just a few dudes who agree with each other.

Lol

5 hours ago, IRR said:

Dude.....do you see how people are responding to you negatively / how many people are arguing with you re: your option????? Just maybe you’re wrong??? It’s like a room with 10 people and 1 person is arguing with the other 9 who have the opposite opinion...who do you think is probably wrong in that scenario?! 

Worst Argument Ever. 

6 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

The threat of job loss is why it is competitive. 

"What" is competitive?  The threat of job loss is a distraction more than anything positive in my view.  Do or die stuff that puts things under the microscope in a city where that happens far too often.  Tired of controversy...time to just enjoy some hockey.

• Upvote 2