Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

17 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

So.. on a regular basis, we can expect to see the forward lines:

Ferland Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Miller

Leivo Sutter Gaudette

Eriksson Beagle Virtanen

Ex: Motte, Schaller (Roussel will return claiming his spot from either of these 2)

5 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Gaudette's not starting.

Same with Eriksson.

Pearson Horvat Miller

Leivo Sutter Virtanen

Schaller Beagle Motte

18 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

There's part of me that hopes Sven isn't picked up because I want to see him in a Canuck uniform again.

There's another part of me that does hope he's picked up, and that he lights the lamp for another team and we wind up with egg on our face. 

why would any Canucks fan want that.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

why would any Canucks fan want that.

Because the player deserves better than to be sent down to play on our crappy farm team. He's given us a lot of good years, and at this point is far better than an AHL player. He deserves better that to waste away in the AHL.

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Gaudette's not starting.

That's completely fine... I don't expect Gaudette to get big minutes early on anyway... if Green was smart, he would cycle through Sutter, Gaudette and Beagle for the 3C and 4C spots depending on performance and opponents!

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Same with Eriksson.

Pearson Horvat Miller

Leivo Sutter Virtanen

Schaller Beagle Motte

That's cool!! Nice to have the depth in Eriksson and Gaudette as extras.... way better than previous seasons!! I hope Green can find a way to rotate the forwards without breaking chemistry or leaving players out cold too long... 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Virtanen#18 said:

That's cool!! Nice to have the depth in Eriksson and Gaudette as extras.... way better than previous seasons!! I hope Green can find a way to rotate the forwards without breaking chemistry or leaving players out cold too long... 

BUTT WHHHAttttatttt ABBBVoouutttttZZZZ MAAA BAAAAAAAAAAAAeeeRRRrrrrRRR CHeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzze!

:frantic:

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

I’ll say it again, should have just sent down Gaud if the solution was this. 

What if Gaud plays first 10 NHL games and we don’t see the same player we saw in pre season.

What if Pearson doesn’t have that same chemistry with Bo?

Keeping Baer gave us options. Bad look on management. He gets picked up by Oilers or something, he will play with McDavid.

I am curious what others think about Pearson. Watched him closely in the 2nd Ottawa pre-season game (not a strong opponent) and he was almost invisible. Several times lost puck battles right in front of where I was sitting and turned away from the play. He seemed to trail the play rather than making it. Horvat left alone at times to fight for the puck. Anyway... maybe just a bad night...... there must be more to him than showed that night.... I guess.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Because the player deserves better than to be sent down to play on our crappy farm team. He's given us a lot of good years, and at this point if far better than an AHL player. He deserves better that to waste away in the AHL.

So if he got picked up by the Oilers or Flames and he lit the lamp, against lets say us, you'd be happy?

We have too much depth and they don't see him in a checking role. Doesn't PK and PP already has a ton of options with guys who fit better up and down the lineup and can PK. We had a player in Gaudette who proven he is better offensive and who can eventually develop the checking side of his game so they made room.

To sum it up he doesn't PK and we have to have guys who can play in a checking role, we already have some elite offensive talent taking up ice time he needs to be useful, guys at the same level as him who are more versatile,  a player in Gaudette who deserves to be on the team.

It sucks but that's a part of the business. Miller/Ferland made him expendable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, longsuffering said:

I am curious what others think about Pearson. Watched him closely in the 2nd Ottawa pre-season game (not a strong opponent) and he was almost invisible. Several times lost puck battles right in front of where I was sitting and turned away from the play. He seemed to trail the play rather than making it. Horvat left alone at times to fight for the puck. Anyway... maybe just a bad night...... there must be more to him than showed that night.... I guess.

He didn't have a good pre-season but his spot with Horvat was secured.  Both Benning and Green talked of them as a duo.