The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo comments on captaincy again..

Rate this topic

Rush17

On 9/5/2019 at 12:08 PM, Rush17 said:

Be neutral about it. You can say it would be an honour but don't act like you want it. A leader shouldn't want to be a leader. A leader should just be a leader imo. 

He's a good guy no doubt. I think his fathers comments have skewed me the most on the matter lol. 

Here is his dads comment:

Sounds like it may have been phrased as a question. Something I may have missed at the time.

Things can be taken out of context. His dad said he could see him one day being a captain. What father wouldn’t want that?  Bo also quoted wanting to bring a Stanley Cup to Vancouver. Is that premature as well. Maybe he should have said he would like to play meaningful games down the stretch and that he isn’t as good a leader as Petey...you are entitled to your opinions and it appears that it’s more about wanting Pettersson to wear the C than about Bo’s character. He is a stand up guy, a great leader and has a proud father. These are all positives and there are worse problems than a team with too much quality leadership. We can debate who should be captain and when it should be announced but the Horvat family reputation is beyond untouchable IMHO. 

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Should this thread be renamed “Bo, do we really need him?” Sorry Rush, liked a lot of your other posts, but you may become as infamous as Clutch with this one.

I definitely get that sort of feeling too.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Daniel Wagner must a poster on the CDC. His latest blog in the Courier borrows heavily from what I’ve read here. I wonder if we could collectively sue his ass for plagiarism. Hahahahah

I know  same thing with bloggers , and radio hosts , ive read or posted things  and next day boom , blogging and talking about it , like they came up with the idea on their own lolImage result for david pratt 1040

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

I'm actually surprised you're kinda on Rush's side with this. I expected more from you, Dr. Hahaha

Seriously, this wins worst thread of the year, no?

I dunno, Jester, that "Edler should get $7-8 million" thread a while back was questionable. No offense to the Edler should get $7-8 million guy either. ;)

My issue is that all of this just feels a bit too mob-ish. When Rush says he has an issue with the movement, I get what he's saying.

I'd be 100% ok with Bo being captain. He's s great leader. I do think it should be the team decision, organization, rather than the mob ... if you know what I'm saying. No offense to the mob either. 

Edited by Dr. Crossbar

19 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I dunno, Jester, that "Edler should get $7-8 million" thread a while back was questionable. No offense to Edler should get $7-8 million guy either. ;)

My issue is that all of this just feels a bit too mob-ish. When Rush says he has an issue with the movement, I get what he's saying.

I'd be 100% ok with Bo being captain. He's s great leader. I do think it should be the team decision, organization, rather than the mob ... if you know what I'm saying. No offense to the mob either. 

It's not the idea that there couldn't be other options for captain. It's the OPs words calling Bo's comments to be "gross" and outright saying he doesn't think Bo should be captain. He actually doesn't want Bo to be captain because it's what the fans want? Or I don't know what other motive he could have.

People want Bo to be captain because there's a strong case for him to be. It's not mob mentality trying to make him captain. This isn't a Vote for Rory situation.

• Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I dunno, Jester, that "Edler should get $7-8 million" thread a while back was questionable. No offense to Edler should get $7-8 million guy either. ;)

I dunno, if everyone was thinking someone undeserving should be captain then I see that point, but we're talking about Bo Freakin Horvat. There is literally no argument against him being the rightful captain that is tenable. Maybe someone could argue the grace period after Henrik to "wait and see" who should be captain, but then I think the better argument is that side doesn't see the bigger picture of how Bo has shown captain qualities early on and how he has been groomed to be the next one, as well as the timing of naming him on our 50th anniversary. The organization, likely, has been trying to cover up the "best kept secret" in the league and name him on our anniversary. 

I just think it's been obvious for a long time that the team and organization decided long ago that he'd be the next captain because of him being the epitome of what any NHL team would want. I mean, Petey and Brock calling him "Cap", Henrik taking him under his wing, etc. It's just so obvious that this is more than just the fans. In fact, these type of examples merely drive the "mob mentality", no?

• Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

My issue with is that all of this just feels a bit too mob-ish. When Rush says he has an issue with the movement, I get what he's saying.

I'd be 100% ok with Bo being capatain. He's s great leader. I do think it should be the team decision, organization, rather than the mob ... if you know what I'm saying. No offense to the mob either. 

the mob is the media who keeps pressing the issue of whether bo should be the captain or not ,   if bo gets asked the question on whether he would like to be the captain or not , what is he suppose to say ?  no , I would hate to see cdc if that was the answer . To call Horvat disgusting for his answers  ,  that what has people po'd, , imo  bo has been nothing but diplomatic in the captain debate , and he has not once said I want to be captain or pulled a messier on the team .,  Bo has said he would be honoured to be captain , like how can that be disgusting is beyond me .   

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

In what way were Bo's comments "mob-ish"? Rush never said anything about there being a mob trying to force management to make Bo captain in the original post unless Rush is claiming Bo and his dad are getting some presidential campaign or lynch mob together to get him the C. 

The original post he made this thread around was that Bo's comments are distasteful cause he answered a question about the captaincy and whether or not he could handle it. The idea that fans are lobbying for it or trying to force it via some mob mentality seems more like a backtrack after he took some heat for trying to call Bo's comments "extremely gross". 

Thread started as "Bo expects the C", now it's being walked back to "People are trying to force management to make Bo captain like a mob". It's a smart tactic to make the Bo supporter camp seem like the bad guys though. Like we are some lynch mob out here trying to force management to give Bo the C. Lol. I am pretty confident nobody on CDC is actively calling, messaging, or petitioning management/ownership to make Bo captain. I think we all have a pretty decent understanding that the things we say here aren't reaching management or the players.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

M'gawd, this video reminds me of how Bo high fives everyone all last year off the ice. I'm sorry, but wtf is anyone thinking he's underserving?! 

I have no idea besides they haven't watched many games or payed close attention to Bo 'the Ox' Horvat, who is mature beyond his years at literally only 24... born in 1995.. makes me feel old as heck

14 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

It's not the idea that there couldn't be other options for captain. It's the OPs words calling Bo's comments to be "gross" and outright saying he doesn't think Bo should be captain. He actually doesn't want Bo to be captain because it's what the fans want? Or I don't know what other motive he could have.

People want Bo to be captain because there's a strong case for him to be. It's not mob mentality trying to make him captain. This isn't a Vote for Rory situation.

Yeah, Rush acknowledged that he misread the situation and his language wasn't the best. People are interpreting that he doesn't want Bo to be captain because that's what fans want ... but that's not what he's saying. Not imo.

People do want Bo to be captain because there's a strong case for it, sure, absolutely. You can indeed make a case that the mob made him the heir way too early before any other prospects arrived that could challenge for the C. That doesn't mean Bo isn't deserving or shouldn't be C either, fans just set the expectations before anyone else arrived to challenge for the role.

• Like 1