Now now
What is it good for?

Songwriters: Barret Strong, Norman Whitfield
© Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
For non-commercial use only.
Data from: LyricFind
  • Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, Canucklehead53 said:

I would argue that Island fans have more opportunity than us Rural BC fans (no option for preseason either). It is much easier (and cheaper) to walk onto the ferry then bus to the game then drive for hours to Vancouver, find a place to stay, etc.

Although I always look forward to my 1 (or 2 if I am lucky) games a year that I see in person.

I hope people who live in Vancouver appreciate the opportunity they have when it comes to live NHL hockey - even us in rural BC have to appreciate our team being closer than some fans in other provinces, countries etc.

Yeah, it is certainly more accessable for us than those living in Terrace or Fort Nelson. It's just frustrating that a 100km trip takes 5 hours, and there are no ferries late enough to get back to the island after the game.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Canucklehead53 said:

I would argue that Island fans have more opportunity than us Rural BC fans (no option for preseason either). It is much easier (and cheaper) to walk onto the ferry then bus to the game then drive for hours to Vancouver, find a place to stay, etc.

Although I always look forward to my 1 (or 2 if I am lucky) games a year that I see in person.

I hope people who live in Vancouver appreciate the opportunity they have when it comes to live NHL hockey - even us in rural BC have to appreciate our team being closer than some fans in other provinces, countries etc.

Opportunity = cash.  Can’t DRIVE home the same day.  It actually is cheaper to fly to LA and catch two games than go to a single Canucks game from the island. I suspect the same fo other areas of BC.   Unfortunately, only very few areas see the Canucks live.  Penticton, Whistler are two prominent areas. 

Edited by sonoman

1 hour ago, Canucklehead53 said:

As someone who lived on the Island for 22 years, I would argue that you're very wrong. You NEED to take the ferry, which is a several hour round trip if you're driving, more if you're walking on. On top of that, the ferry is ridiculously expensive, you're required to get a hotel because there are no sailings after the game has ended and you can't just drive home. 

Edited by Bitter Melon
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bitter Melon said:

As someone who lived on the Island for 22 years, I would argue that you're very wrong. You NEED to take the ferry, which is a several hour round trip if you're driving, more if you're walking on. On top of that, the ferry is ridiculously expensive, you're required to get a hotel because there are no sailings after the game has ended and you can't just drive home. 

The only games most people on the Island can see are the afternoon weekend games. Which is like 2-3 a year tops lol. Unless your going to shell out for a hotel and spend a day and a half travelling for a single game. You have to catch an early afternoon boat.. bus into town.. get to your hotel.. go out for dinner. followed by the game then you have to commit the better part of half a day to get home. They have the cheap seaplane, hotel, ticket combo for like 250 or they did. but i don't do small planes lol. Unfortunately there are no sailings after games. Makes sense for bc ferries but stinks for us. I wish they had a walk ferries deal where you get hotel/game combos for cheap. Maybe toss in a two day - day pass?

If you drive over your looking at 500 minimum. If you walk on its still gonna be close to 300 when your all said and done.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

15 hour drive from Terrace, 9 from Prince George. We've got it bad on the island for how long it takes given how close we are, but not as bad as a lot of the province.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, sonoman said:

Lol.  No, Victoria (and Island) fans have little (not cost prohibitive) opportunity to see NHL hockey live.  Been waiting for fast ferry from Nanaimo to start again :(. 13 years now of proposals.  The last one had “special event” sailings including Canuck games and would return same night.

Sounds like you need a Vegas trip my friend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MattJVD said:

15 hour drive from Terrace, 9 from Prince George. We've got it bad on the island for how long it takes given how close we are, but not as bad as a lot of the province.

Yeah. Having to drive that distance would be a pain. I would almost rather that tho. Being able to sleep into the morning.. catch the game then drive home in the same day.  Then again that is easy to say maybe not so easy to do lol. :lol: