[GDT/PGT] Canucks Vs Senators | 7pm | Stream on Canucks.com

Rate this topic

taskicon

21 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Baertschi-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Miller

Eriksson-Sutter-Leivo

Schaller-Beagle-Virtanen

I realize that Ferland is out with illness, but I'm not too keen on Baertschi on the top line. It could be that Baer just needs more games to catch up because of past injuries, but he still looks not-ready-for-prime-time to me Makes some good plays if he's in the right place, but is behind the play and too many giveaways for my liking.  I'd almost rather see Gaudette play as a winger on the second line, with Pearson or Leivo on the top line in place of Ferland.  Its just preseason, no harm in experimenting, but I'm just not feeling it yet with Baer. I wish him well.

Pearson & Baer are the logical 2 guys fighting for the last top 6 role. With Ferland out?

Baer has already played with Horvat and Miller. Scored a nice goal on a feed from Bo. We can load talent on the first line?  Not that he is a BETTER hockey player than Ferland. But he is more skilled, agile, capable with the puck/ Baer can either add skill to a 1 track mind scoring first line? And have a bang and crash 2knd line with Perason, Bo & Miller. Or add a skill player to the 2knd line, with Pearson being a banger / puck winner glue guy.

Its also probably a test to see if Pearson is still a top 6 winger just as much as it is for Baertschi... 

9 minutes ago, Borvat said:

I believe I heard TG said Baer was "average" so far so maybe this is his chance to prove otherwise.  Baer did play for the Abbotsford Heat so this is a bit of a homecoming for him.  He was a fan favorite and early on in his career here he was a fun player to watch.  Too bad it was for the Flames farm team, otherwise they would still be here. Local fans just couldn't get completely over the fact they were the Junior Flames and season tickets were hard to sell. 

Yes I heard that too...

Baer, in theory, should beat Goldobin out of a job?  But right now he has to show it. This is obviously an audition for that. One he could pass or fail...

Goldy has not been lights out either. Still no finish. But his effort has improved.

• Upvote 2

Just now, vanhalendlrband said:

TV is way better, im a computer guy and an iPhone guy, but no way im replacing my HD and 5.1 Surround sound for a tiny screen

Who says I have a tiny screen?  I use a desktop with a large monitor and that works for me.  That's why I got rid of my TV.  I agree that watching on a phone would be silly.  I don't even own a smart phone, I still use a land line only.  I don't mind if other people want to cling to TV, what annoys me is that TV cable companies are trying to prevent me, and other people like me, from doing something different than their business model.  Instead of adapting they are trying to force the genie back into the bottle.  That is both annoying and not very wise in my opinion.  Corporations shouldn't be trying to control people's behavior they should be providing services based on people's behavior.  The really annoying thing is that despite living on a small budget I am prepared to pay for it, just not a full cable subscription first (that is an insane requirement in my opinion considering I don't even have a TV).  Not only do they not want my business they don't even want me to have the choice.  That's what irks me.  Go Canucks Go!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, goalie13 said:

Agree there.  Although even if I cut the cable, due to all the streaming services (and PS4) I will always have a TV.

I have a feeling in the not-so-distant future, network TV will be extinct and all we will have are streaming platforms.

It will just merge like telus does now

from my remote i can watch Youtube, Netflix or Crave tv 

crave is easiest as it doesnt go to a separate app its just in the on demand for telus and they seem to have every old show that exists which i like for some of my old favorites 

i use my PC for WWE network to watch all the old clips that you cant get on the TV channel so often on there watching shows or PPVs

20 minutes ago, stawns said:

that's what I've heard too and it's keeping me from getting it

If there are shows you want to watch, I wouldn't let it deter you. It works, but it's just not as user-friendly as the others. I think they've also made some small changes, although I still think there's room for improvement. I do like it, tho. I probably watch stuff on there more than any other one. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Borvat said:

I believe I heard TG said Baer was "average" so far so maybe this is his chance to prove otherwise.  Baer did play for the Abbotsford Heat so this is a bit of a homecoming for him.  He was a fan favorite and early on in his career here he was a fun player to watch.  Too bad it was for the Flames farm team, otherwise they would still be here. Local fans just couldn't get completely over the fact they were the Junior Flames and season tickets were hard to sell

I always thought this was a dumb idea for Abbotsford.  I went to one game there.  I was actually surprised at how full it was. Red flame colours lighting up the arena. Actually I remember now that it was a game when the Canucks farm team were playing. I imagine the crowd sizes may have been smaller otherwise. 

3 minutes ago, vanhalendlrband said:

TV is way better, im a computer guy and an iPhone guy, but no way im replacing my HD and 5.1 Surround sound for a tiny screen

The 80's called, they want their 10" Windows 1.0 PC,  or original Macintosh 1 back.

I also have no TV subscription.  But a 5k retina screen 27"  iMac, with a good Bose speaker system plugged in, works fine for me.  Also getting easier to find streams these days.

I agree with that previous poster, SN is behind the times. My only choice is to pay for a cable package to watch a stream (not going to happen) or buying Center Ice, which as I understand it, all home games are blacked out anyways. So.......why would I pay for that?  or go through the hassle of finding another stream.....somewhere, which can be fickle. But that's my only choice.

I wish SN would offer a package for all Canadians home town team game streaming. Something like a $100 - $200 for the season of 84 games. Its not like they can't force commercials on you just like TV. In fact you can PVR TV games and skip past commercials on TV.  But you can be forced, like YouTube, to watch commercials on online video broadcasts.

4 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

If there are shows you want to watch, I wouldn't let it deter you. It works, but it's just not as user-friendly as the others. I think they've also made some small changes, although I still think there's room for improvement. I do like it, tho. I probably watch stuff on there more than any other one. 

thanks for the info........it's got tons of shows we like and we're running out of things to watch on netflix

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, shad0w4life said:

The lag when gaming is horrible that way....and then you need to get all your controllers hooked up and fiddle with a laptop vs a nice dedicated HTPC

Three years ago I had a tower built just for streaming. It probably needs to be updated already. Preseason the quality is not always great but during the season it is usually good. Maybe not quit as good as cable but close. 

1 hour ago, kilgore said:

Baertschi-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Miller

Eriksson-Sutter-Leivo

Schaller-Beagle-Virtanen

I realize that Ferland is out with illness, but I'm not too keen on Baertschi on the top line. It could be that Baer just needs more games to catch up because of past injuries, but he still looks not-ready-for-prime-time to me Makes some good plays if he's in the right place, but is behind the play and too many giveaways for my liking.  I'd almost rather see Gaudette play as a winger on the second line, with Pearson or Leivo on the top line in place of Ferland.  Its just preseason, no harm in experimenting, but I'm just not feeling it yet with Baer. I wish him well.

why would anyone complain about Baer, he's been good in pre-season.......he's good all the time, actually, when he's healthy.