The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks Vs Senators | 7pm | Stream on Canucks.com

Rate this topic

taskicon

21 minutes ago, J-23 said:

If you have a laptop hook it up to your TV. If you have a smart TV, go on the internet and to the Nucks website. If you don't have access to none of the above, then enjoy the 27" monitor lol  

Good advice but I would have said if he didn't have access to none of the above get a job maybe

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Total sidetrack question regarding Netflix.

Has anyone had any lagging issues where the audio and video fall out of sync? If so, how did you solve it?

I have had some similar problems but haven't been able to fix it.  It seems worse during the higher traffic times,

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nux_win said:

I'm the opposite.  I don't even have a TV anymore and if I want to watch at all it has to be online.  And I do want to watch!  The problem isn't the idea of streaming but the quality of the streaming.  My issue is the cable companies trying to control the streaming (many don't allow online access unless you already have a cable subscription which makes no sense at all to me because I don't even have a TV).  It's 2019 already, why do we have to own a TV and have a cable subscription in order to watch hockey?  Go Canucks Go!

charlie day ok GIF

Anyone else concerned about this "illness" Ferland continues to battle?

The concussion history has me a little uncomfortable with the whole thing. Article is from December 2018. 

https://www.tsn.ca/ferland-on-concussions-i-m-very-concerned-1.1224477

Carolina Hurricanes winger Micheal Ferland is expected to return to the team's lineup on Tuesday night after a four-game absence due to a concussion. Ferland was taken off injured reserve Monday, but said he is cognizant of the risks associated with playing after sustaining his second concussion “I mean, you’ve got to be concerned,” Ferland told the Raleigh News Observer. “It’s your life.” The 26-year-old leads the Hurricanes with 11 goals this season and has 15 points through 24 games. He also leads the team with 81 hits this season and Ferland recognizes his physical style could lead to more head injuries. "A hundred percent, you have to be concerned," Ferland said. "I’m very concerned.” Ferland last played on Nov. 27 against the Montreal Canadiens. He logged 12:37 of ice time in the contest over 20 shifts and completed the game, but started feeling off afterward. “I think I finished the night with five hits and after the game something didn’t feel right,” the Canes forward said Monday. “I had concussion symptoms, feeling in a fog, things like that.” The Hurricanes winger acknowledged he could have hid his symptoms from the team and league, since there was nothing in the game film to suggest he was injured, but said he knew the risks of playing with a playing with a head injury. “But you’re more vulnerable to getting real hurt,” Ferland said. “After the Montreal game I wasn’t feeling good. If I had kept playing and I’d have taken a serious hit... That’s where the concern is.” A veteran of 274 NHL contests, Ferland sustained his first concussion in 2014 while with the Calgary Flames.  He spent Monday's practice on a line with Clark Bishop and Brock McGinn.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AllWeatherFan said:

Anyone else concerned about this "illness" Ferland continues to battle?

The concussion history has me a little uncomfortable with the whole thing. Article is from December 2018. 

https://www.tsn.ca/ferland-on-concussions-i-m-very-concerned-1.1224477

Carolina Hurricanes winger Micheal Ferland is expected to return to the team's lineup on Tuesday night after a four-game absence due to a concussion. Ferland was taken off injured reserve Monday, but said he is cognizant of the risks associated with playing after sustaining his second concussion “I mean, you’ve got to be concerned,” Ferland told the Raleigh News Observer. “It’s your life.” The 26-year-old leads the Hurricanes with 11 goals this season and has 15 points through 24 games. He also leads the team with 81 hits this season and Ferland recognizes his physical style could lead to more head injuries. "A hundred percent, you have to be concerned," Ferland said. "I’m very concerned.” Ferland last played on Nov. 27 against the Montreal Canadiens. He logged 12:37 of ice time in the contest over 20 shifts and completed the game, but started feeling off afterward. “I think I finished the night with five hits and after the game something didn’t feel right,” the Canes forward said Monday. “I had concussion symptoms, feeling in a fog, things like that.” The Hurricanes winger acknowledged he could have hid his symptoms from the team and league, since there was nothing in the game film to suggest he was injured, but said he knew the risks of playing with a playing with a head injury. “But you’re more vulnerable to getting real hurt,” Ferland said. “After the Montreal game I wasn’t feeling good. If I had kept playing and I’d have taken a serious hit... That’s where the concern is.” A veteran of 274 NHL contests, Ferland sustained his first concussion in 2014 while with the Calgary Flames.  He spent Monday's practice on a line with Clark Bishop and Brock McGinn.

Not at all, it's preseason and he is a lock to make the team. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, taskicon said:

It is most likely due to the preseason games being played in unconventional arenas in new locations, Victoria, Salt Lake City, Abbotsford.

Sorry, but I don't buy that.

The SLC game was broadcast live by the LA Kings broadcasting partner.  If you had access to their network (which my brother in law did through his Telus provider, you could watch it).  Also, they are equipped for major broadcasting due to the Olympics. 

Abbotsford had previous games televised years ago when the AHL was there - and Victoria has had games broadcast by Sportsnet during the CHL playoffs if I remember correctly. 

There's no excuse for Sportsnet for not broadcasting these games imo. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I've heard a lot of bad stuff about crave, but I'm almost done with Netflix......what are your crave experience?

Bought CraveTV for one month to watch GoT. Only you have to get Crave plus HBO to watch GoT so it works out to around $20. Thing is I was done with GoT within a few days so could have cancelled within the 5 day free trial period however there were some shows I wanted to watch like Handmaids Tale (awesome) and The Wire (even better).

Also watched some Californication, Creed 2, latest Harry Potter (name?), Dead Pool 2, latest Halloween. Overall lots of content I wanted to watch however a lot of other content is behind more pay walls. For instance a lot of sci-fi stuff needs another subscription on top of Crave.

Overall very good but I have already cancelled after one month. I'll subscribe to Netflix  when they have more new content and hopefully they will give me another free month trial!!

For Canucks im on Sportsnet Now and have been doing that for a few years.