The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks Vs Senators | 7pm | Stream on Canucks.com

Rate this topic

taskicon

15 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

But JB did tell him to play tough on our 4th line when he signed the damn contract!! Win or lose fights, just frigging drop the gloves to show the fans you do care!

( Schaller  topic )...Oddly your handle is called Virtanen, when has he dropped his gloves?

Edited by 6string
  • Wat 1

6 minutes ago, mll said:

He jumped Forsberg who hadn't agreed to fight - Virtanen said as such.

Splitting hairs arnt we? 

We have toughness on the team and they did nothing tonight and I'm done with this turn the cheek culture b.s.  

It was also a young guy that ran Brock which Jake or schaller shouldn't have a problem challenging him.....or running chabot or how ever you spell his name. Like send a message. God damn I miss Bert and the days when crap like this happen , guys were marked for the rest of the game. 

1 hour ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Yup! Good point! Who needs science when we all know Trump is an idiot, the global climate crisis is real and we must drink water to survive! And regarding the Canucks, if the guys give their all every night, good things are gonna happen eventually... it's called the Law of Common Sense.

cringe

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Your right. Its just pre-season, we've seen team's here go undefeated in pre-season before, & no cup yet. Lol

There's definitely a switch that flips from Pre to Reg season, so I'll reserve total judgement.

You make a great point about the adjustment. It is just pre-season, they're starting out w/ a fraction of the intensity&pace. We'll see how things go from here.

Edler's still our top guy. I agree on him getting the extra responsibility. We'll see how Myers can compliment him once pts are on the line. I'm certainly hoping for the best. 

I will say, Myers has the size & reach but has more of a puck moving style. Hughes being our 2nd pair guy leaves him in an interesting spot (I don't mean that as a knock to either guy). For Myers I feel like its Edler or Benn, which doesn't make it any easier for him coming into a new team. 

I would like to see Myers with Hughes and Edler with Stecher.  

To me Benn and Tanev would be a great shut down pairing.  

Good mix of puck rushing, size and IQ on each pairing.  

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

We need an edgier rowdy type like Dorsett was for us. A policeman who always kept the cheap stuff in check.

Arsenault looked like a good skater and great in the scrums. Or maybe Big Mac?

Hoping Ferland can be that guy.  Edit: If not we always got Jake.  Just kidding. 

Edited by Pure961089
  • Haha 1