The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks Vs Senators | 7pm | Stream on Canucks.com

Rate this topic

taskicon

Really sloppy defensive game... Canucks can't keep on playing like that in their own end versus good teams or they will be victims.

Not impressed with the 5 on 5 offensive play either... luckily the Sens took a lot of cheapshot penalties and our stars lit them up.

Bad game for Tyler Myers... not sure if Coach Green is telling him to rush the puck, but he needs to step back a little and be aware when it is better to dump the puck in instead of carrying it in and getting caught.

Obviously Petey, Bo and Boes were impressive on the PP, but as mentioned, would like to see more production at even strength.

Markstrom was good overall, I'm not going to jump on him for his bad giveaway... the other goals were due to Canuck player errors.

I liked Leivo's play... he looked motivated and interested.

This Ottawa team has lots of potential... excellent speed and some nice young prospects.  The guy who impressed me the most was Anisimov... slick hands, good size and good forecheck.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

Its early lets all be a little patient let these guys settle in and gel man:frantic:

Your right. Its just pre-season, we've seen team's here go undefeated in pre-season before, & no cup yet. Lol

There's definitely a switch that flips from Pre to Reg season, so I'll reserve total judgement.

29 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think it'll still be Eddy and Myers because it smooths out the other pairings a bit.......but we'll likely see Eddy get extra shifts that Myers doesn't.  They're both experienced, talented guys and they'll figure out how to play with each other.

You make a great point about the adjustment. It is just pre-season, they're starting out w/ a fraction of the intensity&pace. We'll see how things go from here.

Edler's still our top guy. I agree on him getting the extra responsibility. We'll see how Myers can compliment him once pts are on the line. I'm certainly hoping for the best. 

I will say, Myers has the size & reach but has more of a puck moving style. Hughes being our 2nd pair guy leaves him in an interesting spot (I don't mean that as a knock to either guy). For Myers I feel like its Edler or Benn, which doesn't make it any easier for him coming into a new team. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, luckylager said:

_20171022_235358.JPG.b9791959c2f776e2e62f52c7110484a1.JPG

That was an awful moment for the Canucks and hockey in general. 

Take it back Heff.

The outcome was beyond regrettable

Amazing how someone could still cheer on such a gutless and regrettable moment. More so someone who constantly rants on and on about class and professionalism

• Cheers 1