The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks Vs Senators | 7pm | Stream on Canucks.com

Rate this topic

taskicon

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Canucks Vs Senators | 7pm | Stream on Canucks.com
7 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Now my son phoned to laugh at my meltdown state over the early game mishaps.  Obviously my daughter sent him a text explaining that I'm pathetic.

"It's preseason Mom"

"NO...IT'S HOCKEY"

Must be hockey season, Ya Baby

So much to love about this team, but Virtanen is genuinely pissing me off now. The kid clearly hasn't worked on any of his deficiencies in the past two years. His on ice awareness and vision is god awful and the few times he does by some miracle attempt a pass it's either too hard or off the mark. Wouldn't be surprised if Ferland and Podkolzin were brought in because they saw the writing on the wall.

Sad stuff, Virt literally fills the role of what this team needs the most if he could just find it in him to WORK HARD.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

He's played the same game as everyone else.  Some good shifts, some bad shifts, but his spot on the team isn't in jeopardy.  People need to remember it's preseason

I wouldn't be too sure... Green talked about how other guys should take note of Gaudette "trying" to make the team.

His spot on the team could definitely be in jeopardy because I think they are considering trading him.  He retains more value because of his draft position than he brings to the team so far.  They have to decide whether he will improve to be worth more than what they could get for him, or whether they need to cut bait before they end up with a 3rd/4th liner like Taylor Pyatt who can't put it together.

• Upvote 3