The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Sens @ Nucks Sept 25 2019 - 2 minutes for cross checking edition -

Rate this topic

xereau

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Sens @ Nucks Sept 25 2019 - 2 minutes for cross checking edition -
9 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Oh, I watched a youtube video to find out what 'old school' hockey looked like.  a whole hour?

live through 2 decades of 70s and 80s hockey and get back to us.

over-reacting to every clean hit aint old school, whether you believe you found a youtube video exception or not - an exceptiion is a mere exception.  What you believe is 'old school' is a norm in the last decade - not before.  The mentality was different - first and foremost you protected yourself by keeping your head - and your eyes up - and if you got caught, it was on you - you didn't over-react like a....

I gave you an example from a Youtube video because that is literally proof of what I'm talking about. You're still not satisfied. How else would like you me to show you? Do you want me to give you hundreds of dates, and exact games where fighting after clean hits happened?? I don't know how it is you want me to show you what I mean by old time hockey. Old time hockey is fighting when standing up for yourself, teammates, instilling some emotions in the game after clean hits or otherwise etc.

New age hockey is "we'll beat them on the powerplay". Y'know the refs jumping in after willing combatants drop the gloves and before they engage. That sound familiar?

EDIT: And no I'm not suggesting they fight after every clean hit, but when a guy is running around and steam rolling teammates, you bet old time hockey means someone jumping in and putting an end to it.

Edited by Vanuckles