The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 6 players - Sept. 25, 2019

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Have to wonder if with the concussions to Boeser and Fantenburg, if we'll even be waiving anyone of consequence to start the year. Maybe on paper or something to get cap/roster compliant but after that...

Likely wise to try to get them through the "bulk" period, where the risk of losing them is minimized.

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

I follow hockey/NHL borderline religiously - or at least I thought I did - I've never heard of a single one of these players. 

Preseason waivers really is a test of ones hockey fandom. McCoshen and Griffith were easy names. Driedger is a goalie. I know him only cause he played on the Hitmen with Virtanen. Lol. Everyone else I have no clue who they are.

If Boeser and Fatenberg are not ready to start the year then 2 players who would have been waived will be staying for now.  Probably Brisebois and Goldobin.

Sorry Brisebois doesn't have to be waived but will stay with the big club if Fatenberg is out...

Edited by Elias Pettersson

7 minutes ago, Pears said:

I wouldn’t mind McCoshen if Fantenberg is expected to miss time

Fantenberg was always pencilled in as a 7/8 dman. He doesn't really need to be replaced. And if so, we have plenty of guys that could fill in eg Sautner, Brisebois, Teves. Might as well throw them a bone and give them an NHL paycheck for a brief stint up.

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Fantenberg was always pencilled in as a 7/8 dman. He doesn't really need to be replaced. And if so, we have plenty of guys that could fill in eg Sautner, Brisebois, Teves. Might as well throw them a bone and give them an NHL paycheck for a brief stint up.

I’d be ok with that too, but I would prefer those guys to actually be playing in Utica and getting valuable ice time. 

7 minutes ago, BrockBoester said:

Actually I've played in 2 NHL games so joke's on you bud :bigblush:

you maybe ....but he other ones? 

specially you should know how hard is the path to become a nhl player.

kudos to you if you made it ...but all those guys who makes jokes about guys who also had this rough path to play in the best league of the world. 

thats whats i ve meant ..

Edited by Bombastik der Teutone
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Bombastik der Teutone said:

you maybe ....but he other ones? 

specially you should know how hard is the path to become a nhl player.

kudos to you if you made it ...but all those guys who makes jokes about guys who also had this rough path to play in the best league on the world. 

thats whats i ve meant ..

Fair enough bro. Good to see some respect paid to those that have paid our dues and made it to the big show, even if only for a cup of coffee or two.

I even had an assist! But I was a -17 in 2 games so I got sent packing to the A.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2