The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wings @ Nucks - Oct 15 2019 - 7pm PST

Rate this topic

xereau

4 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

ok, i don't post much but................

i've watched every game last year and this year, pre season as well,

Where the Hell is Jake Virtanen????

he's invisible out there

I disagree I think Jake has done well in his role. Set up the first goal to tonight.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

He's a big body that lays in on the other team's D's which is what a 4th liner should be doing. 

You don't have to drill a guy or knock him on his ass every time to make an effective hit. 

Laying heavy body on them should pressure their D's enough, wearing them down. 

LE doesn't hit anything. He also lacks offensive production to play in top 6.

He has good hockey instinct tho but that alone can't make him an effective 4th line player for an NHL team. (This is considering he isn't good enough to make it into our Top 9, judging from how the Training Camp went)

But Schaller's always laying a late hit. Its never consequential in the play. Most of the time he's making the contact after the pucks moved, and if anything it leaves him behind the play. He's just a little slow getting there.

I agree on Eriksson, I'm not going to defend him, I complained in this GDT's last year about how sick I was of watching him play, but I'll give him his due in that he can kill penalties effectively. I don't want to watch him 5 on 5 but he can tread water then be on our top PK, I'd consider that when the other option is Schaller bringing nothing.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

7 minutes ago, Snapshot85 said:

Green: So that's your plan Elias ... your just going to stick handle through the entire Detroit team. ?

Pettersson: ummmm... well..... Defenitly yes!

First time I saw Petey play (prospects game) he explained to Manny what he was going to do in the shootout.

image.png

This was Manny's reaction.  Then he went out and did it.
image.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Wow...interesting.

Imo Schaller has been miles better than little things Loui ever was in a 4th line role. Crashing and banging, puck retrieval, hitting. No contest....but sure lol.

I'm agreeing with that.
Schaller - I wasn't a fan, but we have a system this year that's about more pressure, and he seems to be playing better under it.

We'll see. 

• Cheers 1