The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can Miller be our top line JT Oshie?

Rate this topic

Bovechkin

Lately I've been wondering a lot about Miller's possible role on the team; can be play Washington's TJ Oshie type role? 

TJ Oshie / JT Miller: essentially someone who has grit/size, has good play hounding ability, good net-front presence, good ability to tip pucks, and good play-making ability. Personally I think Miller makes his presence felt even more, since he's got a good 25 pounds and 2 inches on Oshie; also quite young. After today's game I'm tremendously excited for Miller's future with us :)

Fits in perfectly with an Ovi / Boeser and Backstrom / Pettersson line. I think we might have a Washington-esque first line; that's definitely something to get excited about.

Edited by Bovechkin
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

I am liking this trade more and more. Lots of complaints about giving up a first for this guy. I think he is worth everything we have up for him. 

Well they complained because their clueless about a lot of things that they need to be spoon fed by the media that's not that much smarter... 

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Bovechkin said:

Lately I've been wondering a lot about Miller's possible role on the team; can be play Washington's TJ Oshie type role? 

TJ Oshie / JT Miller: essentially someone who has grit/size, has good play hounding ability, good net-front presence, good ability to tip pucks, and good play-making ability. Miller is actually event more of a presence, since he's got a good 25 pounds and 2 inches on Oshie; also quite young. After today's game I'm tremendously excited for Miller's future with us :)

Fits in perfectly with an Ovi / Boeser and Backstrom / Pettersson line. I think we might have a Washington-esque first line; that's definitely something to get excited about.

Ya good comparison actually.  So far he has been great. More then I can say for Furland unfortunately. 

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Miller is like 25 pounds heavier  than Oshie.  He's gonna put up 70+ points this year.  He is just warming up.  He's bigger than Oshie and more versatile.  Gonna be a stud come playoff time.

On pace for 115 points to be exact :emot-parrot:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bovechkin said:

TJ Oshie / JT Miller: essentially someone who has grit/size, has good play hounding ability, good net-front presence, good ability to tip pucks, and good play-making ability. Miller is actually event more of a presence, since he's got a good 25 pounds and 2 inches on Oshie; also quite young. After today's game I'm tremendously excited for Miller's future with us :)

I do get what your going after in your post, can Miller be somebody for us?, an offensive weapon that’s not our standout top players. Oshie has a different game play than Miller, he’s more finesses and playmaker than hard skating checker and physical playmaker IMO so it’s hard to compare there respective games. 

Either way can Miller be effective in adding more offensive output?, more distraction for the opponent to game plan around opening up chances for our top players. More able to help the PP succeed.  

Yes

Edited by Bertorama
  • Upvote 1

Always supported the JT trade.

1. He is what you HOPE a first round pick turns into.

2. He plays a complete 2 way game and drives the net hard.

3. He will not put up 7 points every 5 games but he plays a consistent game, whether hes generating chances or putting points up.

I love how everyone on our team can tuck it.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, mikeyman109 said:

I am liking this trade more and more. Lots of complaints about giving up a first for this guy. I think he is worth everything we have up for him. 

10 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Wait, isn't TJ the guy everyone said he wasn't worth the asking price paid?  Lmao.. schmucks!

Post image

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Bovechkin said:

TJ Oshie can be Washington's JT Miller!

Al kidding aside, it's a pretty solid comparable, imo.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

Tbh I said it when the trade happened Miller will help us now and that first will help us in 5 years give or take. That’s proving to be true.

I'll bet JT will still be helping the Canucks in 5 years, probably more than the first will be.

• Upvote 1