The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ St. Louis Blues | OCT. 17. 19. | 5PM PST | SN1

Rate this topic

Johnny Torts

Just now, SergioMomesso said:

Put the noise canceling headphones on and enjoy some privacy. Who invites people over on game nights? 

Kids aren’t company , I enjoy watching with them , more yelling lol . I don’t invite people over to watch games though ;)

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, fecklund said:

He hasn't been noticeable at all. I wonder if there's something personal going on. None of my business, but it is curious. The guy is known for his tenacity and "lunch bucket" attitude. So far he just looks like he's really distracted by something.

Ive been watching him closely this season.  He keeps his shifts super short.  Im only guessing but perhaps his skating/conditioning isn't where it ideally needs to be. 

That said, he can be a force if his line can start generating shots/traffic to the net.   His big hits will come.  

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Edler in the box and Baumgartner elects to double shift Tanev over using Stecher on the PK.

Pretty telling where the coaching staff sits in their trust with Stecher.  Or Baummer's idiocy, I can't tell which one it is.

Stecher is one of their best PK D's but they seem to forget that at the start of every season.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Aquamen said:

She is sooo cute! And loves sports. Lindsay Hamilton from TSN is pretty as well, crushing. 

1 minute ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

That Cameron girl is not only easy on the eye, she's a pretty sharp analyst. C'mon out to Kyoto Caroline..I got a few bikes for a cycling tour! :^) 

you two should get a room :wub:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, The Aquamen said:

I don’t know guys, Ferland has disappointed me so far, he seems slower and his hitting is not as hard. I know he got sick lost 15 ponds, this and that. Wasn’t he supposed to “show” Virtanen how to play? Jake is outplaying him.

hasn't disappointed me, if ferland hadn't made that nice pass to jake , he wouldn't have had a shot on goal. I don't see jake outplaying him

24 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

Edler gotta goal last game so...he gets a pass this game..according to Edler fans.

Well, overreacting fans tend to see things from a skewed, spaztastic perspective. And holy crap, athletes make mistakes! Heaven forfend. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, fecklund said:

(Ferland)

If he's still recovering (especially from a concussion) he shouldn't be playing. 
again, just a feeling but i think there's something very wrong there. Either a personal issue or ,God forbid, his noggin. 
He's a WAY better player than we're seeing. 

Apparently a bad flu a couple of weeks ago.  Lost 10 pounds.