The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Okay, Save the Laffs..PLEASE!

Rate this topic

55 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

So Leafs lose another D..this time Ceci. If they lose a few more tilts(in short order), wonder if they'll possibly pull the plug on 2020? What if Dumba$$/Shannyplan start to vary on vision? Will they tie the kids hands(TDL) so he can't w*nk away the future?!

They're only 6 pts up on 9th/10th worst, overall. A top-10 pick is one they keep(Canes don't receive) in what is supposedly, a much better draft class than 2021.

It's as if Dubas has painted himself into a corner, in a room with mad, Coronavirus patients(mass media), at various stages of infection/sickness.

Cici is out now?  

• 6 months later...

YES, indeeed!

Called this way back in Oct. Fleas are a poorly constructed Jenga Tower. Dubas should hit the bricks. They've prob gifted a nice(early teens) pick to the dreaded Canes.

The bad karma goes all the way back when their young punks ran Daniel Sedin. Scorch the earth & ShanaPLAN, Maple Fleas!

• Cheers 1

The team is too heavily tilted towards skill. It's fine for winning regular season games, but it simply isn't enough to win playoff games where teams tighten up defensively.

Bad luck is part of hockey, no doubt, but the teams that can overcome that are the ones that can grind out games when things aren't necessarily going their way. The Leafs have a ton of skill but simply don't have the personnel or the mentality to grind out games. By and large, they rely too much on being able to win games with their talent and not their structure or work ethic.

Honest question, how much is Marner worth? I see a lot of leafs fans demanding he be traded, but his contract is truly awful. There are far better RFA’s from last year who signed way more team friendly contracts (point, tkachuk, Boeser, Mcavoy, provorov, etc.) 

10 million a season for a first line RW? Seems like a lot. TML will have to take cap back if they want to trade him. 

horvat and miller together are the same amount of cap hit as just Marner

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, The_Rocket said:

Honest question, how much is Marner worth? I see a lot of leafs fans demanding he be traded, but his contract is truly awful. There are far better RFA’s from last year who signed way more team friendly contracts (point, tkachuk, Boeser, Mcavoy, provorov, etc.) 

10 million a season for a first line RW? Seems like a lot. TML will have to take cap back if they want to trade him. 

horvat and miller together are the same amount of cap hit as just Marner

Marner IMO is worth the money.  When he's on his game, he could potentially be a Top 10 points scorer in the entire NHL (ie. this past season he missed some games, but was on the same scoring pace as Matthews).  What Marner also does is play in every situation.  He plays 5 on 5, PP and even PK.  He's as complete of a player as there is.  Only thing he's short on is that he's a winger and not a centre.

All that and he just turned 23 years old.

Edited by HKSR

8 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Marner IMO is worth the money.  When he's on his game, he could potentially be a Top 10 points scorer in the entire NHL (ie. this past season he missed some games, but was on the same scoring pace as Matthews).  What Marner also does is play in every situation.  He plays 5 on 5, PP and even PK.  He's as complete of a player as there is.  Only thing he's short on is that he's a winger and not a centre.

All that and he just turned 23 years old.

He gets another 15 MILL(Bonus!) for just lying around(end-summer) by the pool. So 30 mill out of a 65 million $ contract has been paid out in 14 mos.

Who would like a nearly 11 mill AAV, yet only paying 7 mill per yr? Bet Melnyk would.

Ott: Colin White, NYI 2020 1st(maybe 22 OA?), & Brannstrom

Ottawa has endless cap space. TO has none. This deal would prob make sense.

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Awesome. 

I don't know if it was Sid's new mantra, "where are the excuses, now?", but so much during their assault on the Leafs I kept hearing Strother Martin's famous line.

Or, to borrow a few phrases:

What we have here is a failure to communicate.  Some GMs and team presidents, you just can't reach. so you get what we had here last week.  

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Kragar said:

I don't know if it was Sid's new mantra, "where are the excuses, now?", but so much during their assault on the Leafs I kept hearing Strother Martin's famous line.

Or, to borrow a few phrases:

What we have here is a failure to communicate.  Some GMs and team presidents, you just can't reach. so you get what we had here last week.  

which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.

Cue Slash

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

I think good chance Dubas gets demoted/reassigned to a different position within the Leafs' organisation and Leafs hire Dale Tallon as their new GM.

That would be the smart move, so expect Tallon to get hired elsewhere. 

• Haha 2

The cringe from this franchise is another level, couldn't happen to a nicer city and team. Pretty long but you'll throw your head back and laugh as he goes along. Except for the pedo ring that operated there which is unforgivable.

Edited by gerry35
link
  • Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1