The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Anaheim Ducks | Nov. 01, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Agreed I hope rousell helps and pray to go Ferland is okay long term, lots of mediocre size/ strength with Bo and Jake and leivo and Pearson but lacking some nasty in this game for sure. IMO though Benn would show some more tonight and so far in general

Ben, Horvat, Myers, etc. Just not enough pack mentality yet. Petey was targeted without consequence.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The_Cherry said:

Even though the penalties were pretty even tonight I feel like the ones called against us were very weak, especially the one on marky with 3 minutes left. We were pushing hard at that point and we could have taken it, total momentum killer. All around good game, just pissed it had to be getzlaf 

And how many trips, tug, grab and hold went uncall on the ducks? Refs were horrendous tonight

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

It felt like a playoff game, a super scrambled one.

Really scrambled game overall.

As much fun as it would be we can't win them all in a 5 goal fashion. 

One of those games where the goalie's play decides and it did. Comeback with a win tomorrow and 5/6 points would make a decent road trip a great one.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Trebreh said:

anyone know why Jake got benched? I don't think he looked bad tbh. Leivo and Miller were bad tonight i thought. 

I think he made a few bad decisions in the first and he was a little lazy on the boards on a couple plays.

not trying to justify the benching,  but when I saw his play in the first I had a feeling green would throw him in the dog house. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Maybe jake had a slight injury.... not enough to go to the dressing room for...  just enough for green to let him chill ??? IDK 

I wont call markstrum leaving the net bad.... its ot.... gibsons been hot.... you already have the point... cant lose anymore... so he gambled... if he had won that it woulda been up ice 3 on 2 with time..... and maybe no shootout against a hot goalie. Just a gamble..... diddnt cost us a darn thi g

7 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Not sure what you've been watching but hes been playing great hockey lately.

He sure as **** didnt do anything to warrant a benching tonight.  

Virtanen with 7:59 was used as cover to bench Eriksson at 8:22 for the night.....

Edited by 6string

4 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

anyone know why Jake got benched? I don't think he looked bad tbh. Leivo and Miller were bad tonight i thought. 

Lievo is AHL tier. I am honestly shocked that Green has him on the PP and plays him in OT. JV would be better suited in those roles! 

Overall everyone played poorly tonight. They all looked slow and out of sync. Very little hustle or hunger to win IMO. Maybe they went out to a club in Hollywood last night for Halloween or something.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3