The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Anaheim Ducks | Nov. 01, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Toyotasfan said:

SanJose lost to Winnipeg with 53-19 shots against the Jets! 

Should be an interesting game tomorrow.

ughhh i hate when we play the Sharts in their barn, it's usually penalty fest in favour of SJ putting us in a hole early. 

6 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Overall everyone played poorly tonight. They all looked slow and out of sync. Very little hustle or hunger to win IMO. Maybe they went out to a club in Hollywood last night for Halloween or something.

I think most of the disconnected passes and scrambly nature of this game is due to the very very bad ice tonight. Both teams were having trouble connecting passes and weir bounces over their stick.

Bad ice can really affect timing especially at the speed nhl games are played at.

So yeah, I blame the loss on Anaheim's ice crew.

3 minutes ago, Krzysl said:

He probably went out last night and came hone late, hungover. Got benched as punishment. Pure speculation.. lol 

Were playing the speculation game?

Maybe he was in the gym from 6pm-9PM  turned down some 10/10 puck bunny on the way to his room and was fast asleep by 10PM.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Sure. But I think better to blame the hang over from late night out by our players last night.

OK. But poor officiating is not a Canucks issue, it's a league-wide issue, and it must be solved. The poor officiating really sucks the excitement out of the game and makes the NHL look like a corrupt league (which it probably is anyway).

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

As much as Getzlaf and Doughty are Canadian and won us 2 gold medals, but man really can't stand their attitudes. Such whiners and I am actually really upset that they are Canadianan because their on ice behaviours are not Canadian at all.

To the eyes of the likes of Don Cherry though, they are always 'good old Canadian boys' no matter how much they act douchey.

• Upvote 1

One day, I would love to see the Canucks eviscerate the Ducks by a score of something like 10-0. But until that day, while Anaheim keeps playing this playoff style of hockey against us and their goalie's at his best, I'll take the grinder point and the plus that Quinn is going to be able to play with us again soon, maybe even tomorrow. We need him, can't afford to have Edler playing 30 minutes + that much.

Is there a reason why Green put Stecher out for only 12:17 in a game where we're down a D and have a game tomorrow? Is there something in his game that he's unhappy with? Was he hurt at all?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I hope they sit Loui tomorrow. He contributes almost nothing at this point.

Miller  Petey  Boeser

Baer  Horvat  Virtanen

Pearson  Sutter  Gaudette

Schaller  Beagle  Leivo

You've now upset the Louie apologists who insisted he return to the lineup :/

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Exactly.  Jake's speed was made for 3 on 3 OT.

I'm not going to go out of my way to talk negative about other players on this team because the boys have been playing well,  but Jake is always the only one on this team to get benched or punished for every minor error he makes (in greens eyes)

Just trade the kid if you're going to constantly **** all over him.  

I predict exactly that. He'll likely be gone by Trade deadline - unless he pulls his socks up - which I am doubtful he'll do.  I've been watching him since he started and I was shocked to see how high he ranked in the draft. He is a bottom 2nd round / High 3rd round player at best - on a Sunny Day and certainlty deserves to get what he deserves from Green for his inconsistent - lazy a$$ed play we see most of time from him.    I personally thinks he needs to move out of town and grow-up. 

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 2

1 minute ago, Jam126 said:

I remember a recent game in SJ where it was just PP for close to 40 minutes. It was a tire fire. Officiating needs to be upgraded in this league and referees should be held accountable.

Who's with me in starting a startup dedicated to creating refing robots for all major sports. 

No more of these pattyy cakes and call everything as they should. 

First on the agenda, eliminate the linesmen job.

:frantic:

38 minutes ago, Darius said:

Puzzling use of players in ot

Jake is prob the fastest skater on the team and is defensively responsible.

Gaud was one of the most noticeable forwards tonight.

neither get a sniff of OT.  I’m thinking the coach doesn’t trust jakes decision making. 

why else prioritize Leivo and Pearson in OT where size doesn’t matter as much.

anyhow glad we got 3/4 points on the road so far. 

The most puzzling is last year jake played 3 on 3 and he even played well for his chances. Even got a couple of breakaways and now is stapled to the bench. Wtf.

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, BLU3GR33NBL00D said:

Great effort. 

Gibson on fire.

Glad Hughes likely won't be out for long.

Let's move on to the Sharks.

32 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

That was ugly

Take the point and take out the frustration on the Sharks

31 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

Have a seat on the bench for a bit Marky.

1. I'll take the point and not complain too much.  

2. The Canucks were all over the Ducks early and were very unlucky to be down by a goal after the first period. And they were still unlucky to be down by a goal after two.

3. The Canucks faded a bit in the third but got a lucky bounce on Gaudette's goal for the equalizer. And it was a very good play by Gaudette and Sutter. 

4. Thank goodness the current prognosis on Hughes is not too bad. Still does not make sense to rush him back. Better to miss a few games than a few weeks. In addition to his value to the team, Hughes is one of the Calder favorites and it would be a shame to see that derailed. 

5. Markstrom played well to keep the game in reach. He made a bad decision on the OT goal, but I would not be too critical. Markstrom is a fierce competitor, but he does get excited and is prone to the occasional lapse of judgement. I expect to see Demko play against San Jose in the second of back-to-backs anyway. 

6. I liked Gaudette's game. I know that Loui is more solid defensively, but I still have a hard time seeing Loui ahead of Gaudette in the line-up. 

7. Hope to see Baertschi against San Jose. He deserves a shot. I would  put Baer with Horvat and I would leave Gaudette and Sutter together. I would probably take Loui out although it might be time to take Jake out for a game and get him to refocus. 

8. EP and Boeser had some good looks but were a bit off. That can happen after a hot streak. And Miller made a bad play on the first Duck goal. But all three of those guys will use tonight as motivation to really focus in the next game. They can't score every night. And that is where secondary scoring comes in.  

• Upvote 4