The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Blues @ Canucks Nov 5 2019 7pm SNP

Rate this topic

xereau

1 minute ago, Cali Canuck said:

Same - probably the very last year.  I still remember where I parked.  We had a "secret" spot where street parking sign was far enough away from the corner so you could just fit without getting a ticket.

My buddy had an old green Toyota (like a 1981) that we parked ‘somewhere’ around the coliseum ( he bought it in Richmond for $50 that day) on game night and left it in a parking lot at a mall afterwards - I think he brought plates from his PG vehicle and we took them with us ...

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Darius said:

yup hes clutch....i think hes going to be a core piece here.

regarding Bure: i wish i was at his first game.  Had to listen to it on the radio.  It sounded like Jim Robson was on a carnival ride with a victoria secrets model and a case O crown royal when he was doing the Bure play by play.  Then i waited for the evening sports highlights, he looked like a rocket (go figure) out there....the team was never the same after that game...

Also remember the magic vibe of that night, just listening in on NW98. Then the BCTV hilites 11:35 pm?, were mandatory. Sure turning point for the franchise.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, appleboy said:

Jake is on a fifty point pace. I doubt he will maintain that but it will be something worth watching. Twenty goals and forty points would be a breakout year for the young man. We all know that he is working on consistency. Could it be this year?

On pace for 50? He's on pace for 41. Exactly half as many points as games played (14 games, 7 points). 

• Upvote 3

Great news that Hughes will be back tonight. I just want a win. I've noticed lately (this season?) that the Canucks come out fast and furious, and score like 3 goals on 15 shots lol and then they hunker down and play a more defensive, physical, frustrating style of hockey for the opposition. They're moving the puck really well, puck possession, and getting a lot of exciting scoring chances. Still really dislike that drop pass on the PP, and I've noticed in a game recently  the opponents were keeping a player deep to intercept this stupid drop pass. I hope the Canucks stop doing this. It's a dangerous play that's going to bite them eventually. Thankfully they have a player like Hughes who can be creative and take it all the way up himself.      

So I asked Ringo about this big tilt..& he wisely sang:

It don't come easy, y'know i d c e

Got to go w/Hughes, if ya wanna' beat the Blues, & y'know idce

You don't have to pout, just put Brock out

Line w/Miller & w/Petey

Forget about the stealth, & yrs of sorrow

Prospects out de'arse, & will soon be here tomorrow!

We don't want for much, with memories of Prust, cos' y'know idce

Led by Bo, so fine

& deeper all the time, cos you know idce

Green lays out the course, let's Come Together

With a team like THAT! The offense now flows better

Wow! I didn't realize Ringo was such a fan..but he said George helped out w/lyrics...

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Also remember the magic vibe of that night, just listening in on NW98. Then the BCTV hilites 11:35 pm?, were mandatory. Sure turning point for the franchise.

Sports Page at 11:00 was the best.  Don Taylor, Chris Hebb, Dave Randorf (sorry, he was really good on the Page) Barry McDonald and John Shorthouse were also there at some point.  The 91-92 team was the first really good Canucks team.  I know the 82 team made it to the SCF but both Division winners (Edmonton and Minny) got knocked out in the first round so the Canucks didn't face a really strong team until they met the Islanders in SCF.  They probably should have won game 1 but Harold accidentally set up Bossy in the slot with about 2 minutes left and then they lost in OT.

• Cheers 2