The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Don Cherry Fired

Rate this topic

b3.

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

could be. He's certainly been bigoted over the years. He said so himself. 

He clearly doesn't think he has anything to apologize for. Or maybe he's just too stubborn/proud to do it. Either way its a sad way to end his run, not just for him but for a lot of people. 

I’ve not watched CC for years.  I have been an advocate for Brian Burke, who I feel is far more contemporary in his views, but still strongly opinionated, so interesting.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

No it isn't watch Ari Shaffir, Joey Diaz, and Anthony Jeselnik all say some wild stuff for the non snowflakes. 

Watch Ari Shaffir really?  The guy roofied his friend, while his kid's were home, while they were doing a podcast.  That guy should be wearing an orange jump suit.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You provide proof fir your divine opinion.  There is no proof, because we are all only expressing our opinion on what what Don was thinking.  He refused to apologize.  Do you think that’s because in his mind he said nothing racist?  

More likely he's old and stubborn and too much pride to admit when he's wrong, remind you of someone Alf?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tystick said:

Yeah I mean we're all very damn comfortable.

Canada is a great country and I think everyone should participate in Remembrance Day.

That includes immigrants.

But, we're also free to not do so.

Cherry should not have been fired, our society is trending in the wrong direction if opinions are going to ruin careers.

He singled out immigrants, what part of this do you not understand? 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Hi there, thank you for your message. The comments made Saturday on Coach’s Corner were clearly inappropriate and divisive, and in no way reflect Budweiser’s views. As a sponsor of the broadcast, we immediately expressed our concerns and respect the decision which was made by Sportsnet today.

hmmm I guess Budweiser doesn’t agree with you either 

maybe call your buddy Trump, he may agree with you

proof? You are seriously delusional my friend 

You know what ends up happening if Budweiser doesn't cave into the outrage? Boycotts, activism, and campaigns.

The modern day liberals are insane.

Just saying, they did it to avoid that.

Just like Ron Maclean apologized and threw Cherry under the bus.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, the grinder said:

hence gender neutral bathrooms 

What’s that?  You mean girls should be in the men’s changeroom?  I think women are mostly capable of being professional in the men’s rooms but shouldn’t the guys’ feelings be considered too?  No reporters should have access to the players until after the guts have showered, changed, and are comfortable.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

A Team Like That

And since then they've played like A Team like that.  Nice try but I know no one cares about my opinion, even the 15 people that took the time to respond.  I also gave everyone a fancy internet point as a token of appreciation for sharing their conflicting views.  

22 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

What is interesting is the amount of people that show their true racist tendencies by trying to rationalize Cherry’s racist remarks  

free speech is NOT going on National TV and striking out at immigrants that are Canadian and referring to them as “you people”

He had zero data or basis for those comments. Just his personal bias. No data on how many white people don't wear poppies, how many people bought them and didn’t wear them on a given day .. no data at all 

just went by his racial bias on National TV and divided people. 

hardly freedom of speech 

21 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Ok boomer 

16 minutes ago, Templeton Peck said:

Let's stay on topic please and keep the discussion away from other users of this board. A surefire way to get this thread locked is to start attacking and making generalizations about other users of this board. Attacking an idea is fine, attacking a user is not.

I don't think Cherry is a racist and I agree with what he said and I'll leave it at that.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’ve not watched CC for years.  I have been an advocate for Brian Burke, who I feel is far more contemporary in his views, but still strongly opinionated, so interesting.  

Burke has been through a lot and learned a lot about accepting others. Pretty clear Don hasn't got to that point. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bell said:

Watch Ari Shaffir really?  The guy roofied his friend, while his kid's were home, while they were doing a podcast.  That guy should be wearing an orange jump suit.

He apologized after some arm twisting by Rogan and Segura :lol:

2 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

But if he singled out the typical honky he wouldn't have received the same treatment. It's the usual race based double standard. 

its awesome you get so passionate about something that never happened. 

• Upvote 2