The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Preds 11/21/2019 5pm Pacific - Watch live on SNP

Rate this topic

xereau

2 minutes ago, 112 said:

you sure?

The Canucks get credit for taking advantage of their PPs

I'm happy that the players on the PP started actually shooting the puck and scoring goals as a result. 

It doesn't mean they're playing a good game overall, or outplaying the Preds. The Canucks have created absolutely nothing on 5on5 hockey. They have been outplayed heavily in that phase.

The difference between this game and the recent streak of losses is the PP. That's it. They're still doing almost nothing 5on5, and they're still playing horribly in the defensive zone. They had a much better defensive period in the second, however. 

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

This team drives me nuts. We'll go stretches without scoring on the powerplay and then we'll get a night like this.

It's nice when they're going in but those stretches, man. 

Just gotta enjoy these nights while when they happen. 

Power plays are very streaky for every team.  

Usually a team is feeling it one night and drops two or three on the power play, and then goes 0 for the next night.  
We just think it's only the Canucks because we follow them so closely and they're OUR team :) 

Just now, Plsdontdoit said:

But this team has been been terrible with da exception of this one 

Well I think this is the nature of sports, especially at high levels where competition is fairly balanced.  Sometimes you just get in a rut and you don't get the bounces.  I'm not saying they are going to win every game of the road trip either, but I don't think coaching is an issue.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Let's not go crazy here, if not for the PP the Canucks would be in some serious trouble.  Shots are 27-17 Preds, and they controlled play up until the Refs got involved.

I know we're up by 2 3 but lets find something negative to talk about.

-Canucks fans

Edited by Deets
3 we're up by 3
  • Cheers 2