The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sabres @ Canucks - Dec 7, 2019 - 1pm Pacific - Live on SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

2 minutes ago, gameburn said:

Was Jordie Benn always this bad, or is this an injury/over-use thing?

You miss the first goal with his beauty saucer pass assist, and him taking down and containing two Sabres at once in one shift. He's played well today... 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Wilfred said:

These counter arguments to the Canucks playing like trash after they get a lead are okay in a vacuum, but they don't apply when it happens CONSISTENTLY game after game. 

It's not "momentum" giving up their multi goal leads time after time. It's not "no team is going to dominate for 60 minutes" which is a &^@#ing strawman to begin with. No one is saying they should. It's the fact that they stop skating completely, lose puck battles over and over, and overall play passively. 

You're expecting the Canucks to outplay their opponents for 60 minutes.  

Momentum goes back and forth, and when the other team has momentum it's going to look like the Canucks stopped skating.  

You have to manage your expectations.  We're a playoff bubble team, not a dominant team (pick one of St Louis, Boston, Washington, Dallas) and even those teams look like they stop skating at times (remember how we dominated Washington in our first game against them?).  

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

And Boeser is almost a PPG. Doesn't mean they've been good today. 

Yeah there’s been a lot of games this season where they’ve picked up points and haven’t looked good. Boeser hasn’t looked the same since his rookie season imo. Every part of his game seems a step down, his shot, passing, hands, iq. Still a great player, but I think all his injuries won’t let him reach his full potential. He used to snipe every shot and looked like he was going to be a 40+ scorer. Maybe he’ll get back to that form eventually, but his wrist surgeries and back injury were pretty serious.

Just now, xereau said:

The white flag thing is a giant middle finger to the refs, you think they don't know it?

Having a statue of Roger Nielsen doing it out front of the arena, memorialized forever in brass, you think the refs every single game don't know it?

It's a silly tradition that should be thrown to the curb where it belongs.

Right, because that tradition came out of the clear blue sky, it's not like the trend of Vancouver getting shafted extended right to the first season or anything :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, KeslerWho? said:

Why is it negative to want your team to just play consistently for 60 minutes?

It's not. I'm frustrated. I post my frustrations. Certain posters label you as negative if you don't post the obvious of how happy you are that they well in the first.

I want the team to win and I'm obviously happy when they do things well. But equally I'm just as frustrated when the team consistently blows their leads following the same old trends.

• Cheers 1