The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sabres @ Canucks - Dec 7, 2019 - 1pm Pacific - Live on SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

1 minute ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

I don’t know why he’s been so bad, he needs to sit on the bench for a bit, it’s time for Green to give him the same tough love he gave Jake

Yeah... Boeser sucks...he is only 29th in the league in scoring...

Come on lol.  :picard:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

You miss the first goal with his beauty saucer pass assist, and him taking down and containing two Sabres at once in one shift. He's played well today... 

I was Christmas shopping, missed 1.5 periods.  

I don't like his defending, in general.  Seems to be out of position or too late to the party. Admittedly there are a lot of factors in why a D man can look bad, not always his fault alone. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Gotta be all Canucks, all the time. Any sort of realism and you are a bandwagoner or a Leafs fan or some other weird insult.

I love when people label their opinion "realism".

Realism:   teams don't just blow throw when they get a lead...no turning back...generally, the other guys want to not be embarrassed and come on, strong and it makes for good games.  Especially if the refs start helping.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

I don’t know why he’s been so bad, he needs to sit on the bench for a bit, it’s time for Green to give him the same tough love he gave Jake

Not sure where the shot from his first season went. No velocity on his muffin now. 

• Haha 1

Just now, xereau said:

The white flag thing is a giant middle finger to the refs, you think they don't know it?

Having a statue of Roger Nielsen doing it out front of the arena, memorialized forever in brass, you think the refs every single game don't know it?

It's a silly tradition that should be thrown to the curb where it belongs.

I agree with you.  It's time for the towel tradition to be thrown into garbage.   This happened 35 years ago and ref still hold this against us.  The ceremony of towels is cringeworthy.  The owner should have asked former ref how they felt about the towel, they might spill the beans.  Ref watches over others' back and would call accordingly.  The statue outside is an insult to the league.   I think it's a mistake to hold a ceremony with the towels that rifted up the ref.  The refs will not admit this but it eats them inside.

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

I love when people label their opinion "realism".

Realism:   teams don't just blow throw when they get a lead...no turning back...generally, the other guys want to not be embarrassed and come on, strong and it makes for good games.  

I love it when people get up in their feels when realism gets used instead of pure homerism. Canucks are infallible and anytime something goes wrong it's not their fault. My mistake.

13 minutes ago, YummyCakeFace said:

Just get up Petey. You’re getting a reputation 

I think you may have a point.  Although he does draw a lot of legitimate penalties.  Maybe if he just made fewer appeals after the fact... not sure.

Edited by gameburn

18 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Experience. 

Looking forward to acquiring more of it.

but really;  he is a 1.4ppg player and has been at least a 1.0ppg player for the last few seasons despite the departure of the oh so important ROR.  Plus he’s just fun to watch - one of those tall lanky guys that is faster than he appears to move and silky smooth on the skates.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

You're expecting the Canucks to outplay their opponents for 60 minutes.  

Momentum goes back and forth, and when the other team has momentum it's going to look like the Canucks stopped skating.  

You have to manage your expectations.  We're a playoff bubble team, not a dominant team (pick one of St Louis, Boston, Washington, Dallas) and even those teams look like they stop skating at times (remember how we dominated Washington in our first game against them?).  

Thanks for your strawman argument. There's nothing to be said here. Please point out where I said "I expect the Canucks to dominate for 60 minutes."

JFC it's NOT difficult. The team consistently gets dominated after they get leads. It's not momentum. It's not me having some radical, unrealistic expectation. It's the team for some mix of factors playing like garbage NEARLY EVERY TIME they get a lead. They stop skating. They give up non stop chances. The forecheck becomes invisible. I want the team to not &^@#ing disappear after a lead. It's simple.

Edited by Wilfred