The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Devils trade Taylor Hall, Blake Speers to Coyotes for Kevin Bahl, Nick Merkley, Nate Schnarr, 2020 1st-round pick, conditional 2021 3rd-round pick

19 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Well Canucks can kiss their playoff chances goodbye now.  Vegas, San Jose finding their stride again, Yotes solidifying strong team, Edmonton hanging to dear life onto McDavid and Draisaitl, Flames finding their legs as well.

Canucks finding themselves trending backwards.......New Jersey now needs a LW.......

Image result for hmmm meme

Baertschi to NJ confirmed e5

Canucks were never in the picture for hall anyway, and we are arent a playoff contender yet, as u can see so far this season, we are very inconsistent and at times horrible, more often than actually a 60min team ( we are a 30min team or at most 40min, and thats not every game, thats some games )  ...in order to be a contender, u need a 60min team or close to it....i feel we may miss the playoffs and if we make it, dont expect much, i feel we still need a few more pieces to actually contend, what those pieces are, i dont know :( so maybe in a couple years, i never expected the canucks to actually make the playoffs this year, it was people on this forum who believed  they coulda cause of the great start, but as u see, teams are finding ways to keep our star players in check and so making it hard for us to actually win games, and score.

• Upvote 1

That second conditional first (if they sign him and win a playoff round) may stop them from resigning him, big risk but probably will payoff for Arizona. This hurts the Canucks playoff chances, unlike the Canucks their coaching staff has the players buy in and are playing within their system, adding a legit first line winger makes them even better 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Kevin Bahl , Merkley and Schnarr + conditional 1st for Hall

From what I read, it's an unconditional 1st + a conditional pick (which can be 1st, 2nd, or 3rd depending on whether he signs or if the Coyotes get past the first round). So the Chayka naysayers can definitely point to him "yet again" sacrificing the future just to try to make the playoffs.

1 minute ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

That second conditional first (if they sign him and win a playoff round) may stop them from resigning him, big risk but probably will payoff for Arizona. This hurts the Canucks playoff chances, unlike the Canucks their coaching staff has the players buy in and are playing within their system, adding a legit first line winger makes them even better 

I think Az was going to get in a head of us anyway.  I think LV, AZ and CAL get the divisional spots, and we will be in a dog fight for the wildcard.

You have to understand the Coyotes point of view. They have been MEDIOCRE to POOR for so many years. Even the loyalty of the loyalest fans have been tested to the extremes. Now that they can actually be in a position to win, this trade makes them a lot better with the depth. This is as much of a move for the team as it is for attracting more fans.

They are in a WIN now mode.

That being said, this was a HUGE overpayment by Arizona. Miller has produced more points this year and is younger. He can basically do what Hall does. Benning is STILL the winner.

Edited by Dazzle
Specify that it was meant to be this year
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2