The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Hunter Shinkaruk signs with Red Star Kunlun (KHL)

Kunlan has a bunch of former highly rated prospects/fringe NHLers on its roster including: Adam Cracknell, Devante Smith-Pelly, Gilbert Brule, Trevor Murphy, Griffin Reinhart, Brandon Yip, Andrej Sustr, Brandon DeFazio, Spencer Foo, and Jake Chelios. So this makes sense for Hunter to join this team. Good luck to him.

12 hours ago, Quantum said:

Kunlan has a bunch of former highly rated prospects/fringe NHLers on its roster including: Adam Cracknell, Devante Smith-Pelly, Gilbert Brule, Trevor Murphy, Griffin Reinhart, Brandon Yip, Andrej Sustr, Brandon DeFazio, Spencer Foo, and Jake Chelios. So this makes sense for Hunter to join this team. Good luck to him.

Adam Cracknell is part of the ownership group, along with Scott Niedermeyer, who are putting a BCJHL team in Cranbrook. It will replace the Kootenay Ice who moved to Winterpeg. 

Hope these boys don't get caught up in the politics between Canada and China. China puts on a great international PR campaign but their communist leadership is brutal. There are 2 Canadians they grabbed off the streets in prison for over a year now. My nephew taught English in China for 2 years and was very positive about his experience. I have been there 3X and the people have been great.

• Upvote 1

On 12/23/2019 at 5:52 PM, nuckin_futz said:

You are not alone .............

225 pages of people losing their minds about trading Hunter Shinkaruk. :frantic:

Can't say the fan base isn't passionate. Nutty but passionate.

A sampling of some comments from just the first page ....

WTF!

Has to be something else coming our way one would think.

wtf is this.

No fing way......

FIRE BENNING if true!

If it's a straight up trade I really have a hard time seeing how this is good.

This can't be a real report.... Or I'll guage my eyeballs out

I AM &^@#ING CHOKED.

JB strikes again. I might actually cry. 

BENNING GTFO OUT HERE. IM &^@#ING DONE. NO WONDER WHY OWNERSHIP PULLS THE PLUG ON SOME DEALS.

Fast forward to the trade for JT Miller. It’s a way of life in the CDC jungle.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/23/2019 at 10:49 PM, timberz21 said:

Good luck to him, will probably be the tallest player on the ice for the first time of his career :lol:

You do know who they have on the team right? 

Their team is actually decent considering they have a lot of players who played in the NHL.

Gilbert Brule, DSP, Brandon Yip, Zach Yuen (before he got demoted to VHL), Wolski...

It makes me want to fly up to watch their games.haha

On 12/26/2019 at 9:00 AM, ktcy2 said:

Well this is not a comedy forum. And not most are short you dumb piece of .....

On 12/30/2019 at 3:06 PM, timberz21 said:

Jeez relax it was a joke.

Apparently not everyone have a sense of humour either.

On 12/25/2019 at 2:19 AM, camaro ss said:

Most are short and so what he was making a joke.

Chuckled at the joke but also somewhat understand the response.

I think ktcy2 is being a little too outraged here; it's not a comedy forum but it's a forum nonetheless and people will make will crack jokes, doesn't make them inherently racist if they're just having fun with it. That being said, "it was a joke," or "get a sense of humour" is an overused and sometimes very ignorant defense to making a racial/sexual remark; there's also probably a double standard that it's okay to make fun of certain races but not others.

I have nothing to do today so I'm out here commenting on an argument LOL

2 hours ago, Grape said:

Chuckled at the joke but also somewhat understand the response.

I think ktcy2 is being a little too outraged here; it's not a comedy forum but it's a forum nonetheless and people will make will crack jokes, doesn't make them inherently racist if they're just having fun with it. That being said, "it was a joke," or "get a sense of humour" is an overused and sometimes very ignorant defense to making a racial/sexual remark; there's also probably a double standard that it's okay to make fun of certain races but not others.

I have nothing to do today so I'm out here commenting on an argument LOL

how do you know ktcy2 is not joking as well  ??

:bigblush: