The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 23, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Like Canucks fans really care when other teams call for poor officiating. We’ve seen more than our fair share of it.

That being said that goal was 100% a goal. Nothing to debate really unless you’re a salty Oilers fan.

Yeah, I was a little nervous that we'd get screwed over, but first replay after I saw Koskinen complain, and I was confident it was a goal.

Just glad the league got the call right, too

I like how the Canucks are finding ways to win. 

Also, I went to one of the Oilers blog and I had to chuckle because the main complaint, is that the Zebras handed them the loss.  I guess, they were not watching the last game the Canucks and Oilers played, when they were handed three straight powerplays (if I remember correctly) due to Nurses' embellishments - short selective memory.   Also, it seems Nurse was not doing any of his antics during a majority of this game (perhaps, a warning was given ?).France Crying GIF by Paris Saint-Germain

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

The boys need to string together a solid run after the break..talking 10 win streak.  Objectively looking at things we are not winning at a consistent rate that would get us in the playoffs.

Objectively looking at things we’re 4 points out from the top of the division.

6-4-0 in the last 10. Better than every team except Calgary who has 1 point more then us in the same time frame and Nashville who has 2 points more.

Other teams records currently ahead of the Canucks in the division:

AZ 5-5-0

VGK 5-3-2

EDM 3-6-1

DAL 5-4-1

CGY 6-3-1

NSH 6-2-2

Behind us in the standings:

MIN 5-4-1

CHI 4-5-1

ANA 4-6-0

SJ 1-8-1

LA 4-4-2

Objectively speaking we are most definitely in the hunt for a playoff spot and are playing better then most of our division recently.

Edited by StanleyCupOneDay
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Objectively looking at things we’re 4 points out from the top of the division.

6-4-0 in the last 10. Better than every team except Calgary who has 1 point more then us in the same time frame and Nashville who has 2 points more.

Other teams records currently ahead of the Canucks in the division:

AZ 5-5-0

VGK 5-3-2

EDM 3-6-1

DAL 5-4-1

CGY 6-3-1

NSH 6-2-2

Behind us in the standings:

MIN 5-4-1

CHI 4-5-1

ANA 4-6-0

SJ 1-8-1

LA 4-4-2

Objectively speaking we are most definitely in the hunt for a playoff spot and are playing better then most of our division recently.

Consistent play isn’t reflected in a 10 game stretch with a record of 6-4. This team is growing I get that, but there’s too much depth of quality players to just be content with a mediocre record.. 

1 hour ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Consistent play isn’t reflected in a 10 game stretch with a record of 6-4. This team is growing I get that, but there’s too much depth of quality players to just be content with a mediocre record.. 

I I didn't notice anyone feeling content last night.  This group has some great energy and can play against the top teams and win.  Not consistently, but this group has 38 games together.  New players this year.  Hughes, Myers, Benn, Fattenburg, Miller, Gaudette, Demko, Ferland.  That's a massive roster turnover in one off season.  The right signs are there.  This team has been getting better over the year.  It is not linear and the november slump is and was expected.  Last year we, what lost 11 of 14 in that span.  This season we were a 5-5-3.  I think.  Trending is still positive even with November factored into it.  

Looking at the top teams, they have all had alot of time together.  That is something that this group will get, in time.  

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I've coached a lot of foosball in my time and McDumpy was just spinning his bars tonight. Not even trying.

It’s pretty obvious that the Oilers are the paying the price for riding the McJesus and Drai  Horses far too much in the first half and they are now limping to the half way mark 

you simply can not rely on 2 guys to carry the team. 

• Cheers 1