The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 23, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

And Rafferty on the way, all of a sudden the D looks pretty good

...probable return of Tryamkin,. Joulevi looking very really good in Utica lately,  would like to see Brisboise soon, Raferty, Woo.

The future is bright.

Makes you wonder if it wasn’t for Joulevi being a little behind schedule because of set backs,.  If Tanev would be shopped hard.?

• Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, Samgagner'sface said:

And yet he's -2. I know it's not the most reliable stat, but that has to say something. I notice it too. His skill set is off the chart, but if he played as hard as petey in all areas of the game all the time he'd be unstoppable. As it stands I see him costing his team pretty often, even as he's piling up the points 

It's because the rest of the team is trash

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

...probable return of Tryamkin,. Joulevi looking very really good in Utica lately,  would like to see Brisboise soon, Raferty, Woo.

The future is bright.

Makes you wonder if it wasn’t for Joulevi being a little behind schedule because of set backs,.  If Tanev would be shopped hard.?

Unlikely as they don't play the same side. If anything, we probably wouldn't have signed Benn.

1 hour ago, StealthNuck said:

Yeah, he only has 284 assists in 5 years.

Exactly...

He has 70 assists average per year. And he missed 40 games with injury first year...

Since he's been in NHL over the past 5 years he's 1st in NHL with most Assist and Points.

This isn't the 1980s no one going to catch Gretzky. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Law of Goalies said:

I don't want to rely on stats or highlights only, but can you guys let me know how Jake Virtanen played today as just based on the TOI, he had the second lowest. Any reason for his low TOI or was it just because they had to cover McDavid with Bo's or Beagle's lines?

It was one of those games where the 4th line was rolling and had partial duties in shutting down McD and Drai (coaching strategy to utilize two lines to mitigate their high minutes and not to burn out one line). Roussel was getting hot headed and losing focus on the game which Green may have decided to not have him get any of the Oilers going. It's nice when we have a healthier lineup and can throw out different waves of attack or even defense.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dogcrazy said:

To be fair, he made some dangerous pass to his teammates tonight after drawing all the attention from our players.  Didn't you see that?

Hate for macd is strong 

but he is not as selfish as he is being made out to be at all.  Gretzky was Gretzky.

connor is Connor 

20 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Have to admit Eriksson had a not bad game:P, for real though he played great.  Obviously a huge win.  TBH I thought Bo's goal shouldn't of counter, TS though.

Yeah he looked great on that empty netter with no defense back, great showcase of skill lol :bigblush:

From the post-game interviews:

"Just embarrassing," Oilers forward Zack Kassian said. "A team like that should not be beating a team like ours 4-2, there's absolutely no way."

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Samgagner'sface said:

And yet he's -2. I know it's not the most reliable stat, but that has to say something. I notice it too. His skill set is off the chart, but if he played as hard as petey in all areas of the game all the time he'd be unstoppable. As it stands I see him costing his team pretty often, even as he's piling up the points 

He plays over 1/3 of the game, on a team that still isn't very good. Seems understandable his plus minus isn't great.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, xereau said:

NHL changed the rule.. I think this last off season (maybe last), to make it more lenient.

Yup they changed it.  Before you couldn't even direct it in.  Now as long as the skate isn't in the air with a forward motion it's usually a good goal.

2 hours ago, Bocivus said:

I will finish my cigar happier than a pig in shhhhh....  Merry Christmas!  :towel:

20191224_003314.jpg

If you’re getting your game on in what looks to be your garage while smoking a stogey, you, sir are a beauty! Registered Beautician! That would be my happy place.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Was at the game and I noticed there was not a moment when i didn't noticed someone from our team shadowing McDavid and Draisaitl like hawks.  Even after the puck had left them, you had someone tangle up or in their face all game long.

Motte, Virtanen, Pearson, Horvat, Pettersson, Miller, Beagle, you name it.  Someone was nearby and giving them a tough time tonight.  Very impressed by the collective shutdown of those two.

It seemed to work, McDavid and Draisitl each ended up -3

• Upvote 1